Camping Abri de Camargue campsite is located in Le Grau-du-Roi in the Languedoc region of France.
Camping Abri de Camargue
Camping Abri de Camargue campsite is a pleasant family friendly campsite which lies in the perfect place for exploring the beauty and wonders of the Camargue.
The campsite is set within 4 hectares of beautifully landscaped grounds with a variety of vegetation offering plenty of shade and also separating the pitches to ensure you have your own space and privacy.
Modern facilities at Camping Abri de Camargue ensure you have everything you could possibly need for a pleasant family holiday.
The Camargue area is well known for its natural beauty, wildlife and landscape. A third of the area is made up of either lakeland or marshland making it the largest river delta in western Europe. The Camargue is also home to over 400 different species of birds making it the ideal place for nature lovers to holiday.
The nearest beach to the campsite is only around 1km away at Le Grau-du-Roi. Here you’ll find in excess of 12km of soft sandy beaches where you can sit back and relax whilst you’re children have fun swimming or playing in the sand. There are also a variety of water sports available at the beach.
Although the beach is fairly close by, you’ll be pleased to know that the swimming pool complex at Camping Abri de Camargue is excellent. There are three pools in total, a heated indoor pool and an outdoor larger pool and a paddling pool for smaller children.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Abri de Camargue campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On site activities at Camping Abri de Camargue campsite include a multi sports area, football, basketball, playground, table tennis, boules and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Camping Abri de Camargue campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Abri de Camargue campsite includes a range of 2 bedroom mobile homes and tents that are available from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Abri de Camargue campsite including:
- Seaquarium – Seaquarium is located in Le Grau-du-Roi and is home to in excess of 2000 fish and over 25 species of seals, sea lions and sharks. A brilliant day out for all the family, you’ll love all that Seaquarium has to offer.
- Nimes – A fantastic place to visit Nimes is home to the most complete Roman amphitheatre in the world. With plenty of history to discover, a visit to Nimes should be on the cards if you’re staying at Camping Abri de Camargue.
- Montpellier – Montpellier is a fantastic place that boasts a whole host of culture, history and architecture along with modern bars, cafes and restaurants that are all there waiting for you to discover.
- Montpellier Zoo – The zoo at Montpellier is brilliant for families of all ages due to the number of animals that you can see there, from all around the globe, such as tigers, giraffes, tapirs, big cats, bears, reptiles and much more.
- Amigoland – A brilliant fun park which offers a variety of rides and attractions for all ages. Amigoland is open in the evening from 20:30 until the early hours. Plenty of fun will be had by all the family late into the night.
Book Camping Abri de Camargue
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping Abri de Camargue is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY