Ty Nadan campsite is located in Locunole in the Brittany region of France.
Ty Nadan is a fantastic 5 star campsite that’s located in the heart of the Breton countryside along the banks of the river Elle within approximately 60 acres of wooded parkland.
A member of the “Castels” group of campsites, Ty Nadan provides visitors with everything you’d expect from a company who have a long, impressive and respected reputation within the camping holiday market.
Ty Nadan has for some time been a firm favourite with families looking for the perfect campsite and active holidays really don’t come much better than this. The campsite has worked hard to provide a wide and varied range of different activities to ensure that you’ll have both a fun and memorable holiday.
The woodland in which the campsite’s located provides the perfect opportunity to explore and have fun either by just exploring and playing or by one of the great activities like the adventure trail or horse rides. The river also allows you to paddle around in a canoe or kayak or just sit back and relax with a spot of fishing.
The nearest beach to the campsite is around 18km away but the journey is well worth it. You’ll find a lovely sandy beach with lots of space to sunbathe, play in the sand, swim or just relax.
If you’re looking for a fun and active campsite that also has a great swimming pool complex then look no further. A brilliant indoor and outdoor pool complex with a variety of great swimming pools, water slides and plenty of sunbathing areas await you at Ty Nadan campsite.
Campsite activities and facilities
Ty Nadan campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Ty Nadan campsite include tennis, table tennis, football, badminton, basketball, volleyball, archery, quad biking, boules, fishing, horse riding, pony rides, climbing wall, adventure course, canoeing, kayaking, cycle hire and a playground.
Facilities available at Ty Nadan campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Ty Nadan campsite including:
- Pontivy – Once a major town of power Pontivy is now a pleasant market town which is popular with tourists. Pontivy’s main attraction is its impressive Chateau des Rohan which stands on the hill overlooking the river and town. The Chateau is open to visitors and there are even a variety of exhibitions held there throughout the year.
Pontivy came to be a place of power around the 12th century and as such there are a great number of historical buildings that are worth visiting. The main place to see some of these buildings is in the town square which can be found at the Place du Martray.
- Quimperle – Quimperle is a fairly small yet very popular town located 9km to the south west of Ty Nadan campsite. The old district of Quimperle is located within the lower part of the town near to the river and features a variety of medieval half timber Breton buildings. The towns main monument is the Abbey Sainte Croix of which some parts date back to the 11-12th century. There are plenty of photographic opportunities at Quimperle especially during summer when the town is filled with beautiful flowers hung from buildings, the bridge and all along the riverside.
- Pont Aven – Pont Aven was once a small port better known for its watermills up until the 1850’s when artists began looking for a picturesque place to get away from the cities to express themselves. In the 1880’s the art scene was well and truly in place and was cemented by the arrival of famous artists including Gauguin. The port today still boasts a great amount of scenery ripe for artists and photographers of all abilities and is also a wonderful place to just to take a stroll and admire the views.
- Zoo de Pont Scorff – Zoo de Pont Scorff is a great family attraction with over 600 animals from 120 different species at the zoo from around the globe. Animals at the zoo include giraffes, elephants, hippopotamuses, wolves, lemurs, panthers and something you may not have seen before, white lions. There are a vast number of other animals and birds present at the zoo along with a variety of shows throughout the day involving seals and various birds. Zoo de Pont Scorff is certainly worth the visit!
- Vannes – Although Vannes is about 75km from the campsite, in our opinion it’s well worth the drive. The town is very popular with visitors and it’s not difficult to see why. Surrounded by its magnificent fortified walls, Vannes is very picturesque and offers budding artists and photographers the perfect opportunity to show their skills. Many of the medieval cobbled streets and timber framed building still survive today and the towns chateau is also worth visiting.
Book Ty Nadan
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Ty Nadan is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY