Domaine des Ormes campsite is located in Dol-de-Bretagne in the Brittany region of France.
Domaine des Ormes
Domaine des Ormes is undoubtably one of the best campsites in northern France if not the whole of France.
This stunning campsite is set in the beautifully landscaped grounds of a stunning Chateau. The grounds are made up of around 400 acres of wooded parkland and are home to the extensive range of activities and facilities that make Domaine des Ormes the perfect family holiday location.
No matter what sort of holiday you’re after, you are sure to have a brilliant time at Domaine des Ormes. There’s plenty of space for you to relax and unwind, you’ll also find plenty of great places and things to see and do nearby and for those that want a campsite filled to the brim with activities then you really won’t have to look anywhere else. There’s even an 18 hole golf course on-site!
As Domaine des Ormes is so great, the campsite can become fairly busy during high season but you’ll be pleased to know that there’s no need to worry as the campsite is well laid out with plenty of open space meaning you don’t feel overcrowded.
Although Domaine des Ormes is located in the heart of the Breton countryside, the nearest beach is only 25km away and can easily be reached by car. Covered in sand, the beach is perfect for families and also those looking for a variety of water based activities with lots of space and activities on offer nearby.
With such a great range of other activities on-site you may be forgiven for thinking that the swimming pool facilities may not be as good but believe us when we tell you that you’d be wrong. At Domaine des Ormes, you’ll find not just one swimming pool area but 4. There’s a lovely pool and children’s pool up by the manor house, then there’s a brilliant indoor tropical pool with slides, a further wave pool with slides and finally a lovely outdoor pool with slides, rocks and waterfalls.
Campsite activities and facilities
Domaine des Ormes campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Domaine des Ormes campsite include tennis, table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, gym, archery, boules, golf, driving range, mini golf, horse riding, pony riding, playground, climbing wall, adventure course, pedalos, cycle hire and wake boarding.
Facilities available at Domaine des Ormes campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, pizzeria, takeaway, bar, groceries, fishing shop, gift shop, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Domaine des Ormes campsite including:
- Mont Saint Michel – Mont Saint Michel is undoubtably one of the most recognised tourist attractions in France. The Benedictine monks made Mont Saint Michel their home back in the 10th century although it became religiously important as far back as the 8th century. Mont Saint Michel is a mecca for tourists and pilgrims even today with the abbey and its museums being very popular.
- Fort National – Fort National once protected the port of St Malo from attack and can be found 35km to the north west of Domaine des Ormes. This impressive fort was built in the 17th century to prevent enemy ships attacking St Malo from deep water and can be reached by foot at low tide. Within the fort, the museum provides a look back into what life would have been like and what part the fort played in St Malo’s history.
- Cancale – Cancale is a stunning seaside town and should be visited if you like seafood. Known commonly as the oyster capital of Brittany, the waters around Cancale have been producing the aphrodisiac since Roman times. A trip to town must include a tour of the oyster farm and a trip to any of the local restaurants or cafes where you can try the local dishes.
- Cobac Parc and Aqua Fun Parc – Cobac Parc and Aqua Fun Parc are two theme parks in one which are located only 12km from the campsite. Visitors can choose to either enter Cobac Parc alone or buy a joint parc ticket which will allow you entry to both. It is not possible to just enter Aqua Fun Parc alone. Cobac Parc features a variety of activities such as rope bridges, roller coasters, slides and bouncy castles and Aqua Fun Parc has a a large variety of water slides, chutes and water jets for younger children.
- Alligator Bay – Alligator Bay lies just to the south of Mont Saint Michel and is the perfect place to take children. A variety of animals await you at Alligator Bay including snakes, lizards, tortoises, crocodiles and as the name suggests alligators. A clever system of walkways and viewing platforms allow you to get close to these prehistoric looking creatures which will excite children of all ages.
Book Domaine des Ormes
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY