Camping Airotel Oleron campsite is located in Le Chateau-d’Oleron in the Charente-Maritime region of France.
Camping Airotel Oleron
Camping Airotel Oleron is a pleasant wooded campsite that lies to the south eastern end of the Ile d’Oleron, off the western coast of France.
Boasting everything that you could possibly need, Camping Airotel Oleron is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing family holiday.
Children are extremely well looked after with a great variety of activities available on-site or nearby. One of the most unusual things about the campsite and something that would appeal to the horse riding community is the fact that there’s a horse riding centre on site that provides both leisure rides and also lessons. Enjoy a horse or pony ride without having to travel miles to do so.
The Ile d’Oleron is the second largest island in France and boasts around 90km of coastline. There are lots of cycle tracks and paths that are ideal for exploring and many beaches, coves and pleasant villages to find whilst doing so.
If you’re looking for a camping holiday with a nearby beach then you won’t have to travel too far. Around 1km from Camping Airotel Oleron, you’ll find a splendid beach that’s covered in sand and perfect for a family day out. Whether you’re looking for a beach to play in the sea, on the sand, swim or just relax in the sun, you’re bound to find one on the Ile d’Oleron.
If you’d rather take a dip in the on-site swimming pool then you’ll find a rather pleasant family swimming pool, children’s pool and sun terrace at Camping Airotel Oleron which will keep you happy long into the evening.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Airotel Oleron campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping Airotel Oleron campsite include tennis, multi sports pitch, football, basketball, playground, volleyball, table tennis, horse riding, pony riding and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Camping Airotel Oleron campsite include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Airotel Oleron campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Airotel Oleron campsite including:
- Palmyre Zoo – If you’re looking for a fun day out for the family then a trip to one of the most famous zoos in France should be on the cards. The zoo boasts a whole variety of different animals and even has specific seal and bird shows daily.
- Le Marais aux Oiseaux – If you’re interested in birds then a trip to Le Marais aux Oiseaux is well worthwhile. A hospital and sanctuary for birds, Le Marais aux Oiseaux is home to over 300 of our feathered friends.
- Le Petit Train – Le Petit Train is an ideal way to explore the island. Departing from St Trojan les Bains, the train travels the island showing you some sights such as La Flotte and Saint Marie.
- Ile de Oleron – This quaint, quiet village is the perfect place to visit for a lazy day. Well known locally for its fishing and oysters, lunch at one of the many restaurants specialising in seafood shouldn’t be missed.
- Chateau d’Oleron Citadel – Building of the citadel commenced in 1630 following the orders of Cardinal Richelieu to protect the access to Brouae. In 1666 the decision was made to build the arsenal at Rochefort and so upgrades to the citadel commenced. Whilst on the island it would be criminal not to visit this fantastic structure.
Book Camping Airotel Oleron
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping Airotel Oleron is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY