Camping An Trest campsite is located in Sarzeau in the Brittany region of France.
Camping An Trest
Camping An Trest is a brilliant 4 star family friendly campsite that occupies a wonderful position along the Rhuys Peninsula, on the southern coast of the Morbihan department of Brittany.
The Rhuys Peninsula lies approximately 21km to the south of the beautiful city of Vannes between the Gulf of Morbihan and the Atlantic Ocean and as such benefits from some fantastically warm weather.
Camping An Trest boasts a brilliant location being within the pleasant Breton countryside, whilst still being a short distance from the wonderful coastline.
The best way to explore the area surrounding Camping An Trest is via foot or bicycle, however those wanting to explore further a field should definitely consider one of the boat trips to see the Gulf of Morbihan or take a drive to the nearby city of Vannes.
A fantastically wide, sandy and rocky beach lies under 1km away from the campsite and is perfect for families and those interested in sunbathing or water sports. There’s plenty of space for you to relax and play in the sand, whilst the rocks provide an ideal location for children to look for tiny sea creatures.
When you’ve had enough of exploring, Camping An Trest is there to provide you with a wealth of activities to keep you busy. The on-site water park boasts not only a heated outdoor swimming pool but also an indoor heated swimming pool, a children’s paddling pool with water slide, several other water slides and a fabulous space bowl slide for the more adventurous.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping An Trest campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping An Trest campsite include a playground, table tennis, multi sports ground, tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, mini golf, boules and a bouncy castle.
Facilities available at Camping An Trest campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping An Trest campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping An Trest campsite including:
- Chateau Suschino – The Chateau was once the favoured residence of the Dukes of Brittany and dates back to the 13th Century. Eventually following the revolution the Chateau fell into disrepair until in 1965 the Morbihan department purchased it and began the painstaking restoration into what you can see today.
- Auray – A lovely town to visit, Auray is filled with history and culture. This ancient Breton town boasts a spectacular medieval harbour but one of the best reasons to to visit is for its weekly market that sells a variety of locally produced food and goods.
- Vannes – Vannes was the medieval capital of Brittany that now boasts a vast array of historical buildings within its walls and ramparts. Along with the many half timber houses, make sure you take a look at the Port de Plaisance and the Port St Vincent which were the original gateways into the town.
- Vannes Aquarium – Vannes aquarium boasts 50 tanks which hold a vast variety of sea creatures from around the world. Take a trip through the aquarium to see sharks, turtles, piranhas, jellyfish and much more in the fabulous attraction.
- Carnac – Carnac is extremely well known for its megalithic stones that sit in rows along with the quantity and quality of its beaches. The historic stones can be viewed at any time or if you’d like to find out more there are guided tours available daily and there are a number of fantastic beaches that are highly popular during summer months.
Book Camping An Trest
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY