Camping Bois du Bardelet campsite is located in Poilly-lez-Gien in the Loiret department of the Loire near to Gien.
Camping Bois du Bardelet
Camping Bois du Bardelet is a lovely family friendly campsite which is set within 15 hectares of colourfully landscaped grounds. Its natural and peaceful location, surrounded by trees, fields and lakes makes the campsite extremely popular with those looking for space in which they can relax.
An excellent range of children’s activities are available at Camping Bois du Bardelet and this make this campsite ideal for families with younger children.
As the campsite is located near the centre of France within the Loire and no where near the sea you’d expect there to be no beach nearby however you’d be wrong. On site you’ll find a number of lakes, one of the these lakes boasts a lovely beach where you can kayak or sit back and sunbathe whilst the kids play in the sand. The other lake on site is dedicated to fishing.
The Loire valley is synonymous with cycling with lots of direct routes available throughout the region. The Loire-a-Velo route is highly popular and is perfect for families. In the area surrounding and nearby to Camping Bois du Bardelet you’ll find a whole number of pleasant cycle routes of different lengths and don’t worry if you can’t take your own bikes as you can hire some on site.
Another popular tourist attraction within the Loire is of course the Chateaux. Along the river and nearby to Gien you’ll find a whole host of different houses and castles just waiting to be explored.
Campsite activities and facilities
Although we’ve mentioned that Camping Bois du Bardelet is perfect for those looking to relax don’t think for one minute that it doesn’t have a great range of activities and facilities on site.
On site at Camping Bois du Bardelet you’ll find activities including an outdoor and indoor heated pool, a toddlers pool, water slides, water play area, kayaking, fishing, beach, playground, trampoline, bouncy castle, archery, table tennis, tennis court, mini golf, cycle hire, fitness area, multi sports area and wellness centre.
Facilities available at Camping Bois du Bardelet campsite include WIFI, restaurant, take away, pizzeria, bar, grocery shop, cash machine, tv room, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Bois du Bardelet includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Camping Bois du Bardelet.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Bois du Bardelet including:
- Gien – The local town of Gien is famous for its pottery production and its Chateau. The Chateau was constructed in the 15th Century and looks stunning at night when it is lit up.
- Orleans – Orleans is a great place to visit with lots of different sightseeing spots including the Musee des Beux Arts and Sainte Croix Cathedral. There’s also a great local market on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Chateau Chambord – Although around 100km away Chateau Chambord is one of the most stunning Chateau in France. Standing in over 5000 hectares of grounds this fantastic estate shouldn’t be missed.
- Briare – Briare is a lovely place where the Loire River is crossed by the Briare Canal. If you’re looking for somewhere to sit back unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Loire then this is the place to visit. Stunning views and relaxing canal cruises await you here.
- Montargis – Montargis is a pretty town and is a pleasant place to spend an hour or two. The town boasts over 17 bridges which span the network of canals around the town and the views from them are wonderful.
Book Camping Bois du Bardelet
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping Bois du Bardelet is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY