Camping California campsite is located in Saint-Jean-de-Monts in the Vendee region of France on the Cote de Lumiere.
Camping California lies in the heart of 4 hectares of pine forest a short distance from the stunning Vendee coastline and offers visitors a family friendly and relaxing environment.
The campsite is located between St-Jean-De-Monts and Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie which is great for those who wish to get out and explore a little bit more about the region. There really are so many places to visit and things to see that you’ll be completely spoilt for choice.
One of the great things about Camping California is its exceptional swimming pool complex. Popular with families of all ages and abilities, the pool complex boasts impressive indoor and outdoor heated pools, a children’s pool and some water slides for fun.
Although the nearest beach to Camping California is around 4km away, when you get there you’ll be surprised by the sheer size and quality of the beach available. Stretching out for miles in either direction this wonderful sandy beach is large enough that you’ll easily be able to find your own bit of personal space where you can sunbathe, play on the sand, swim in the sea and build sandcastles.
The nearby town of St-Jean-de-Monts offers visitors everything you could possibly need whilst on holiday. There are a variety of shops, bars, restaurants and cafes to ensure that you can sit back and relax during the day or sample some of the fantastic French cuisine during the evening.
Campsite activities and facilities
We’ve already mentioned the great swimming pool complex at Camping California but there are plenty of other activities and facilities on offer besides this.
On site activities at Camping California include multi sports area, table tennis, boules, karts, cycle hire and a playground.
Facilities available at Camping California campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, take away, bar, grocery shop, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping California includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping California including:
- Parc des Dunes – Parc des Dunes is a great family fun park which offers a range of activities including ball pools, trampolines, swings, pedal cars, slides, inflatable games and much more.
- Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez – A lovely seaside resort with fantastic beaches and lovely white washed houses and is perfect for a family day out.
- Challans – Challans is the second largest town in the Vendee and boasts some great shops and markets that are perfect for shopaholics. The markets are excellent but please check the dates prior to travelling.
- Ile d’Yeu – Whilst staying at camping California why not take the ferry from St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie to the Ile d’Yeu. Located 15km off the coast the island is well worth visiting.
- Puy du Fou -Puy du Fou is one of our favourite attractions in the region. This historical based theme park is one of the best in the world offering a range of shows and spectacular performances.
Book Camping California
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY