Camping du Golf campsite is located in Saint-Jean-de-la-Riviere in the Manche department of Normandy, in the heart of the Cote des Isles.
Camping du Golf
Camping du Golf is a lovely, yet small campsite that covers an area of just over 3 hectares along the Cotentin Peninsula. The campsite occupies a fantastic position a short distance from the local beach and is also within easy reach of the port of Cherbourg.
As its name suggests, Camping du Golf offers its visitors the benefit of having an 18 hole golf course right on its doorstep. With direct access to the level 67 par Golf de la Cote des Isles course, you’ll find that the campsite is an ideal location to relax whilst working to lower your handicap.
The campsite is in the perfect location for those looking to relax and unwind. Being on the outskirts of the town means that you’re far enough away from the hustle and bustle whilst still being close enough to explore all the area, and Normandy as a whole has to offer.
A mere 500m away from Camping du Golf you’ll find a massive sandy beach that stretches out for miles with views over towards the Channel Islands. The beach is perfect for families of all ages and is perfect for swimming, sunbathing and a whole host of other water based activities.
Although the campsite is fairly small you needn’t be worried about the quality of the swimming pool area at Camping du Golf. On-site you’ll find a covered and heated family pool and children’s pool on which the roof retracts during warm days so you can bask in the sun and there’s also a couple of slides and large sun terrace.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping du Golf campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping du Golf campsite include table tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, boules, a playground, cycle hire and of course the golf course next door.
Facilities available at Camping du Golf campsite include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, bar, grocery shop, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping du Golf including:
- Channel Islands – Why not take the opportunity to visit the Channel Islands with regular ferries available from nearby Barneville-Cateret. Jersey and Guernsey have plenty of things to see and do and can be reached within a very short time.
- Barfleur – Barfleur is a lovely quaint fishing port that is one of the prettiest villages in the whole of France. The elegant traditional houses and the Phare du Creac’h lighthouse are stunning, whilst the local seafood is massively popular.
- Arromanches – A truly remarkable feat of engineering, Arromanches contains the remains of the Mulberry Harbour port which was constructed and used during WW2. Along with the remains of the harbour the museum at Arromanches is well worth a visit.
- Normandy Landing Beaches – WW2 sites of interest include the beaches of Omaha, Juno, Sword, Gold and Utah where allied forces landed in 1944. These are located all along the north coast of Normandy where you’ll find a number of museums, cemeteries and other historical things to see.
- Coastal Paths – A plethora of different coastal paths and walks cover the Cotentin Peninsula where a stunning range of sea views can be seen. A walk along the paths are recommended but please remember to take your camera as there are some truly stunning sights.
Book Camping du Golf
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY