Camping Fanal campsite is located in Isigny-sur-Mer in the Calvados department of Normandy near to the northern coast.
Camping Fanal is a brilliant family friendly 4 star campsite set in the beautiful Normandy countryside a short distance from the sea and is perfect for those who are looking to get out and explore all that’s great about Normandy.
Fantastically well looked after, Camping Fanal sits within excess of 8 hectares of well landscaped grounds. You’ll not only find a great amount of things to do on site and nearby but the campsite also offers plenty of outdoor space which is essential for a fun filled family holiday.
The campsite is a stones throw from the pleasant local village of Isigny-sur-Mer which is steeped in history. The original founders of the village date back to the Norman conquest yet its more recent history saw it nearly completely destroyed during Operation Overlord and the Allied Invasion in 1944. Over 60% of the village was destroyed as a result of Allied bombardment on the 8th June 1944 prior to it being liberated on the 9th June 1944.
One of the great things about Camping Fanal is its fantastic location which makes it an ideal base from which you can explore the region. Within a short distance you can explore the many local towns and villages which make Normandy so popular with tourists, along with the many more historical sites ranging from William the Conqueror right up to the many battlefields, cemeteries and sites from WW2.
The closest beach to the campsite is a little further away than some others in the region at approximately 10km, however saying that, the beaches in the area are very pleasant and worth visiting if you and your children love the seaside with lots of space and sand where you can relax, swim, play and have fun.
On-site at Camping Fanal you’ll find a brilliant swimming pool complex that boasts both an outdoor and undercover family pool, a children’s pool and even some water slides. The sun terrace surrounding the pool is also great for sunbathing when the weather allows.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Fanal campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping Fanal campsite include table tennis, tennis, a multi sports ground, football, basketball, volleyball, gym, boules, playground and an onsite lake for fishing.
Facilities available at Camping Fanal campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Fanal includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from both Suncamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Fanal including:
- Sainte-Mere-Eglise – Sainte-Mere-Eglise is most famous for the fact that an 82nd American Airborne Private got caught up on the church steeple in 1944 during the D-Day landings.
- Bayeux – Bayeux is home to the famous tapestry which depicts William the Conquerors invasion of England and also boasts some interesting WW2 museums and cemeteries.
- Caen – Caen is the gateway to the Calvados department and as such is a mecca for food, drink, culture and history. Although the centre was nearly completely destroyed during the war there are a variety of interesting buildings to see including the chateau which is worthwhile visiting.
- Normandy Landing Beaches – WW2 sites of interest include the beaches of Omaha, Sword, Juno, Gold and Utah where allied forces landed in 1944. The beaches are great for a family day out but most importantly there are monuments and museums dedicated to those that fought and died during the invasion.
- Barfleur – Barfleur is a very pretty port which has been the subject of many a painting due to its beautiful coloured houses which surround the harbour. The houses were built by wealthy merchants and were a show of how powerful and rich they were.
Book Camping Fanal
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY