Camping L’Aiguille Creuse campsite is located in Les Loges in the Seine-Maritime department of Normandy near to the northern coast.
Camping L’Aiguille Creuse
Camping L’Aiguille Creuse is a pleasant yet fairly small campsite that covers an area of approximately 3 hectares and is the perfect location for a family holiday in Normandy.
The relatively unspoilt coastline and countryside that surrounds the campsite are perfect for those who like to get out and explore on bike or by foot. The GR21 walking route is particularly popular with those visiting the area and as it’s relatively close to the campsite it’s not surprising that Camping L’Aiguille Creuse is so popular with those interesting in hiking and walking.
Set on the outskirts of a small village called Les Loges and located within the Normandy countryside, Camping L’Aiguille Creuse lies only a few kilometres from the regions beautiful shingle beaches. Along the coastline you’ll find some truly breathtaking sights: the white chalk cliffs, coves, shingle and sand beaches stretch out for in excess of 120km giving you plenty to explore.
The nearby village of Les Loges can be reached fairly easily by foot in a little over 5 minutes and boasts some useful shops including a charcuterie and boulangerie where you can purchase some of the areas local produce.
Beaches around this part of the coast are made of pebble of various sizes. The best beach in the local area is at Etretat which is only around 6km away. Here you’ll find a lovely pebble beach with fantastic views of the cliffs and a pleasant village.
Although the campsite is fairly quiet and perfect for relaxing, it doesn’t mean that it’s short on things to do. There’s a lovely heated and coverable family pool on-site which is great for children with plenty of sun terrace for you to sit back and relax on whilst they have fun playing and splashing around.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping L’Aiguille Creuse campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping L’Aiguille Creuse campsite include a tennis court, boules, volleyball pitch, table tennis tables and a playground.
Facilities available at Camping L’Aiguille Creuse campsite include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, bar, fresh bread shop, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping L’Aiguille Creuse campsite includes 2 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping L’Aiguille Creuse campsite including:
- Etretat – Etretat is a lovely old fishing village that is famous for its chalk cliffs which include three natural archways and a pointy rock which is called the “Needle” or L’Aiguille. The beach here is made of pebbles and the village offers a number of pleasant cafes and restaurants.
- Le Havre – A major port for those arriving in France from the UK, the town is filled with architecture that is unlike anything else seen in France due to it being nearly completely destroyed during the war. The port has also gained UNESCO World Heritage status.
- Fecamp – Fecamp is a stunning seaside port which boasts some very pretty looking buildings. It is most famous however for its Benedictine Abbey and the famous and popular Benedictine liquor that’s made there.
- Rouen – Rouen is filled with so much history and historical sites that you’ll find it difficult to know where to begin. Many historical figures have also been here with Joan of Arc being burnt at the stake and William the Conqueror dying in Rouen.
- Honfleur – Honfleur boasts some pretty houses around the harbour which has made the port popular with artists and also photographers throughout the years. A visit to Honfleur must be on the cards for anyone visiting this fabulous part of France.
Book Camping L’Aiguille Creuse
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY