Camping le Signol campsite is located in Saint-George-d’Oléron in the Charente-Maritime region of France.
Camping le Signol
Camping le Signol is a lovely family friendly campsite that lies within 8 hectares of wooded grounds.
The campsite occupies a spectacular position, a stones throw from the port of Boyardville on the eastern side of the Ile d’Oléron. The pleasant grounds and beautiful surroundings really does make Camping le Signol the perfect location for a family camping holiday.
Boyardville is a pleasant port that offers everything you could need whilst on holiday. Shops, restaurants and a range of other amenities are all available within the town whilst water sports and boat trips are also available nearby.
Ile d’Oléron is a lovely island to explore by foot, car or bicycle. There are a range of tracks and trails all over the island and with over 90km of coastline to explore, you’re bound to find your own little piece of paradise.
The nearest beach to Camping le Signol is just 800m away. Overlooking the stunning Fort Boyard, the beach is covered in soft sand and is an ideal place for a fun family day out. Play in the sand, swim in the sea or just sit back and relax in the sun, the choice is yours.
Back at Camping le Signol you’ll find a lovely swimming pool complex. An outdoor heated pool, indoor pool and children’s pool with play area are all present and that’s not to mention the fun water slides and sunbathing areas that are also on-site.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping le Signol campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping le Signol campsite include a multi sports pitch, football, basketball, volleyball, gym, wellness centre, archery, bouncy castles, playground, boules, table tennis and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Camping le Signol campsite include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, pizzeria, bar, hairdresser, groceries, games room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping le Signol campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping le Signol campsite including:
- Le Marais aux Oiseaux – If you’re interested in birds then a trip to Le Marais aux Oiseaux to the south of the campsite is well worthwhile. A hospital and sanctuary for birds, Le Marais aux Oiseaux is home to over 300 of our feathered friends.
- Le Petit Train – Le Petit Train is an ideal way to explore the island. Departing from St Trojan les Bains, the train travels the island showing you some sights such as La Flotte and Saint Marie.
- Ile de Oleron – This quaint, quiet village is the perfect place to visit for a lazy day. Well known locally for its fishing and oysters, lunch at one of the many restaurants specialising in seafood shouldn’t be missed.
- La Rochelle – Plenty to see and do with a fantastic aquarium, La Rochelle is well worthwhile visiting. A short trip back to the mainland will provide you with a fantastic day out.
- Chateau d’Oléron Citadel – Building of the citadel commenced in 1630 following the orders of Cardinal Richelieu to protect the access to Brouae. In 1666 the decision was made to build the arsenal at Rochefort and so upgrades to the citadel commenced. Whilst on the island it would be criminal not to visit this fantastic structure.
Book Camping le Signol
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY