Camping les Catalpas campsite is located in Saint-Georges-de-Didonne in the Charente-Maritime region of France.
Camping les Catalpas
Camping les Catalpas is a small yet lovely family friendly campsite that occupies a wonderful location a short distance from the stunning seaside resorts of Royan and Saint-Georges-de-Didonne.
The campsite is set within just 2 hectares of grounds, however they are extremely well kept and are filled with pleasant trees, flowers and shrubs to provide a really relaxing atmosphere.
Situated along the banks of the river means that it’s possible to enjoy activities such as fishing and canoeing nearby should you wish. There are also a plethora of other activities available nearby including horse riding and of course a variety of water sports at nearby Royan.
The nearest beach to Camping les Catalpas is a little under 2km away where you’ll find a pleasant sandy beach with lots of space to go swimming, play games or just relax in the sun. The beach is backed by a long boulevard where you’ll find a variety of shops, restaurants and cafes where you can sit and enjoy some local cuisine.
A little further away at Royan you’ll find yet more stunning beaches and a livelier resort with even more to do.
Although Camping les Catalpas is a small campsite, you’ll be pleased to know that it still boasts a swimming pool area. Here you’ll find a heated family pool, children’s pool and a patio sunbathing area.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping les Catalpas campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping les Catalpas campsite include a treetop adventure course, boules, table tennis, a playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Camping les Catalpas campsite include WIFI, takeaway, bar, bread service, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping les Catalpas campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping les Catalpas campsite including:
- Luna Park – A fantastic fun fair with plenty of great attractions and rides for all the family. Luna Park is open every evening from 8pm and will provide you with a great evening of fun and excitement.
- Indian Forest – A fantastic outdoor adventure centre, Indian Forest offers a variety of exciting tree top adventure courses for a variety of ages and abilities. If you’ve got a little monkey that loves climbing then this is the place to go.
- Regulus Troglodyte Caves – On the banks of the estuary you’ll find white cliffs where men made their homes. Originally carved out by nature, the caves were enlarged to become homes. Tours of the caves are available daily lasting around 45 minutes in total.
- Palmyre Zoo – If you’re looking for a fun day out for the family then a trip to one of the most famous zoos in France should be on the cards. The zoo boasts a variety of different animals and even has specific seal and bird shows daily.
- Planet Exotica – Planet Exotica is home to a variety of different reptiles including snakes, crocodiles, lizards and turtles. You’ll also find a mini farm on-site where you can pet some animals and around 50 dinosaur artefacts and even some replica dinosaurs.
Book Camping les Catalpas
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY