Camping les Charmilles campsite is located in Darbres in the Ardeche region of France.
Camping les Charmilles
Camping les Charmilles is a small, quiet and peaceful campsite that lies within 5 hectares of grounds along the southern edge of the Coiron massif within the Auzon Valley.
The campsite is pleasantly landscaped with terrace pitches offering views across the valley and the Tanargue massif. A fence surrounds the campsite so that children are able to roam safely whilst playing in the extensive grounds.
Camping les Charmilles is especially well suited to those younger families not only due to its small nature but also due to the extensive range of family activities that are on offer. In high season the campsites animation team puts on a variety of games and activities and there’s also an extensive entertainments program in the evenings.
The Ardeche region of France is extremely well known for the variety of sporting activities that are available. Camping les Charmilles is well placed to take advantage of the great range of activities such as hiking, cycling, mountain biking, climbing, canyoning, canoeing and much, much more.
One of the great things about Camping les Charmilles is its lovely swimming pool area. Offering views over the surrounding valley and mountains, the swimming pool is a fantastic place to sit back and relax whilst the children are having fun. There’s a heated swimming pool and also a toddlers pool, both of which have sun terraces and loungers where the sun obsessed can soak up the hot summer sun.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping les Charmilles is a lovely small family campsite that despite of its size still offers a great range of on site activities and facilities.
On site activities at Camping les Charmilles include multi sports field, tennis court, table tennis, boules, cycle routes and playgrounds.
Facilities available at Camping les Charmilles include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, pizzeria, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping les Charmilles includes a range of tents that are available from Suncamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping les Charmilles including:
- Pont d’Arc Cavern – A perfect replica of the earliest known cave on earth, the Chauvet Cave. This interesting 29 hectare site recreates the cave including amazing cave paintings and bear footprints.
- La Ferme aux Crocodiles – There are over 350 crocodiles, tortoises, and tropical birds in this fascinating tropical greenhouse. Kids love seeing these prehistoric looking animals and adults do too.
- Pont d’Arc – One of the most popular and most photographed spots in the Ardeche region, the Pont d’Arc is a fabulous sight and best viewed from the river below in a canoe or kayak.
- Montelimar – The Nougat capital of France and a stunning city to boot. There’s plenty to see and do in Montelimar and a visit to the nougat museum is a must if you love sweets.
- Alba-la-Romaine – Dating back to pre Roman times, the town was once capital of the Helvi, ancient Gauls. There are Roman remains still present in the town and the newer medieval buildings and the remains of its castle making it a great place to visit.
Book Camping les Charmilles
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping les Charmilles is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY