Camping les Peupliers campsite is located in La Flotte-en-Re in the Charente-Maritime region of France.
Camping les Peupliers
Camping les Peupliers is a small lovely 4 star campsite that’s located on the stunning Ile de Re off the east coast of France.
Set with 7 hectares of well landscaped and well maintained wooded grounds, the campsite is surrounded by beautiful countryside making it the perfect place to get away from it all.
Being located on the outskirts of La Flotte also makes it an ideal place from which you can explore the surrounding areas. There are plenty of cycle track and paths around the island and many people find that the best way to explore is either by foot or by bicycle.
La Flotte itself is an ideal place to visit with plenty of great things to see and do as well as having a great variety of shops, bars and restaurants that are open both during the day and also evening.
The nearest beach to Camping les Peupliers is just 800m away. Easily reached by foot, bicycle or car, you’re sure to have a fantastic time with plenty of space to be had. If you fancy going a little further afield then you’ll find lots of beaches along the islands circumference.
If you’re more of a swimming pool person then you won’t be disappointed by what you find at Camping les Peupliers. There’s a family swimming pool, heated paddling pool, children’s game zone, a water slide and of course plenty of space where you can sit back, relax and enjoy the warm summers sun.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping les Peupliers campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping les Peupliers campsite include football, basketball, volleyball, wellness centre, fitness room, playground, boules, table tennis and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Camping les Peupliers campsite include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping les Peupliers campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping les Peupliers campsite including:
- La Flotte – A pleasant village that’s great for exploring, La Flotte boasts, a fantastic market that sells a variety of goods, beautiful houses and the ruins of a 12th Century Cistercian Abbey.
- La Rochelle – Plenty to see and do with a fantastic aquarium, La Rochelle is well worthwhile visiting. A short trip back to the mainland will provide you with a fantastic day out.
- Saint-Martin-de-Re – Capital of the island Saint-Martin-de-Re is a lovely place to spend some time. The charming harbour is very pleasant, there are a variety of historic buildings to see and there are also lots of water activities and boat trips on offer.
- Fort de la Pree – A short distance from the campsite along the coast you’ll find the Fort de la Pree. Built in around 1625 and shaped in a star design, the fort stands on the cliffs overlooking the sea and is a pleasant place to visit for an afternoon.
- Salt Marsh Museum – At Loix you’ll find the salt marsh museum which tells the story of how the islanders were able to harvest and then transport salt to a variety of different places in Europe.
Book Camping les Peupliers
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY