Camping Les Places Dorees campsite is located in Saint-Jean-de-Monts in the Vendee region of France.
Camping Les Places Dorees
Camping Les Places Dorees is a lively, busy and popular 4 star campsite which lies on the outskirts of Saint-Jean-de-Monts between the popular seaside resort and Notre-Dame-de-Monts.
This pleasant family friendly campsite is spread over 5 hectares and offers a good program of events and entertainment throughout high season which will keep you busy during the evenings.
One of the great things about Camping Les Places Dorees is that you get access to the activities and facilities on it’s sister campsite Camping l’Abri des Pins which is located directly opposite. This in effect means you get two campsites for the price of one.
The nearest beach to the campsite is around 800m away and can be reached by car, bike or by walking. On arrival at the beach you’re greeted by miles and miles of sand which stretches out in either direction as far as the eye can see. This massive expanse of beach makes it perfect for a family holiday as you’ll have plenty of space to relax, sunbathe, swim, build sandcastles, play games or anything else you fancy doing.
If you’d rather stay on site and enjoy the pool at Camping Les Places Dorees you won’t be disappointed. The pool complex boasts a lovely indoor heated swimming pool with whirlpools, a beautifully landscaped outdoor heated pool with waterslides and a wellness area. You’ll also be pleased to know that there’s plenty of space around the pool to sunbathe.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Les Places Dorees boasts a great range of activities and facilities on site to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
The on site activities at Camping Les Places Dorees include a multi sports field, tennis court at Camping L’Abri des Pins, playground, trampoline, swimming lessons, table tennis, fitness area, cycle hire, sauna and hammam.
Facilities available at Camping Les Places Dorees include WIFI, bar restaurant, bar, bread service, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Les Places Dorees includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Les Places Dorees including:
- Kulmino Tower – Kulmino Tower is a viewing platform 70m above ground giving you a fantastic view of the surrounding marshland, forest, coastland and islands of the Vendee.
- Chateau D’Apremont – Chateau D’Apremont is a 15th Century castle which is open to the public and is a beautiful example of local architecture. If you’re interested in finding out a little more about how life was during this fascinating era, then a trip to the Chateau is well worthwhile.
- Oceanile – Oceanile is a fantastic water park which is located a short distance away on the Ile de Noirmoutier. With lots of water slides, chutes and swimming pools you and your family are sure to have a fantastic time here.
- Chateau Noirmoutier – Chateau Noirmoutier is a fine medieval castle which boasts a large amount of history. The museum within the Chateau holds many artefacts and interesting stories and the views from the top are extraordinary.
- Ile d’Yeu – Ile d’Yeu is a beautiful natural island just off the coast. There are lots of lovely coves, beaches and villages to explore and the island can be reached from the nearby Ile de Noirmoutier.
Book Camping Les Places Dorees
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY