Camping L’Etang de Besse campsite is located in Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez in the Vendee region of France.
Camping L’Etang de Besse
Camping L’Etang de Besse is a lovely campsite that sits within 12 hectares of grounds between a pleasant pine forest and open farmland on the outskirts of Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez.
The nearby beach is approximately 1.5km away to the west and is easily reached by walking or cycling along one of the many paths through the pine forest. As soon as you see the beach you’ll realise why so many people visit the Vendee region of France each year. Miles and miles of soft golden sand stretch out as far as the eye can see from the nearby Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie all the way up to the more popular seaside resort of Saint-Jean-de-Monts. This vast expanse of beach means that you’ll always have plenty of space to relax, sunbathe, swim or play.
One thing the Vendee is famous for other than its beaches is its number of cycle tracks and paths. In total there are in excess of 700km of cycle track in the region and to be honest it’s one of the best ways to explore so make sure you take your bike or hire one for a day or two.
Camping L’Etang de Besse is a fantastic place to stay whether your looking for a place to relax or for a base from which you can explore the surrounding area. Within a matter of minutes you can be in the heart of the popular resort of Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez and Saint Gilles-Croix-de-Vie, and Saint-Jean-de-Monts can be reached in a little under 20 minutes.
If you’re more of a pool person then you won’t be disappointed by a stay at Camping L’Etang de Besse. On site you’ll find indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools and also a water slide and jacuzzi.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping L’Etang de Besse provides a good range of activities and facilities on site to ensure you have a pleasurable stay.
The on site activities at Camping L’Etang de Besse include aqua gym, tennis, boules, table tennis, volleyball, multi sports field and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Camping L’Etang de Besse campsite include WIFI, bar, restaurant, takeaway, animation team, shop, tv room, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping L’Etang de Besse includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping L’Etang de Besse including:
- Apremont – At just over 20km to the east of the campsite Apremont is a lovely village that is overlooked by the remains of a 16th Century castle that is open to the public during high season.
- Atlantic Toboggan – A brilliant outdoor water park which offers a whole variety of different and exciting water slides, chutes and rides which are excellent fun for all the family.
- La Rochelle – Although slightly further away from the campsite at 90km, La Rochelle is a brilliant place filled with lots of history and culture and the aquarium is also pretty fantastic too.
- Feeling Forest – A stunning high wire course within the forest where you can climb, swing play and slide to your hearts content with a variety of courses for different ages and abilities.
- Saint-Jean-de-Monts – Saint-Jean-de-Monts is a brilliant seaside resort with plenty of great beaches with safe bathing areas. The promenade and town also boasts some great shops, bars, cafes and restaurants.
Book Camping L’Etang de Besse
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping L’Etang de Besse is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.Book your holiday