Camping L’Isle Verte campsite is located in Montsoreau in the Maine-et-Loire department of the Loire alongside the Loire River.
Camping L’Isle Verte
Camping L’Isle Verte is a lovely natural campsite in beautiful surroundings which lies alongside the fantastic Loire River. Although fairly small, the campsite is perfect for those wishing to get away from it all whilst still being in a great location from which they can explore the surrounding areas.
Covering just over 2 hectares, Camping L’Isle Verte as its name suggests is a green campsite. Lovely green trees, plenty of grass and a multitude of coloured flowers make the campsite a truly pleasant place to stay.
The nearby village of Montsoreau lies only 100 metres away and is classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France. At the village you’ll see some brilliant sights including the fantastic chateau, the lovely village buildings and of course the beautiful river.
Although not the biggest we’ve ever seen, the swimming pool area at Camping L’Isle Verte is still very welcoming. With a decent sized heated family pool, toddlers pool and plenty of patio area for sunbathing on site you’ll have plenty of space to relax after a busy day exploring.
Being so close to the river gives you the perfect chance to enjoy a spot of fishing, kayaking or canoeing and the multitude of cycle paths means that you can get a little exercise whilst enjoying everything this fantastic region has to offer.
Campsite activities and facilities
Although smaller than some other campsites in the area it doesn’t mean that Camping L’Isle Verte doesn’t offer a good range of facilities and activities.
On site activities at Camping L’Isle Verte include the swimming pool, table tennis, bouncy castle, trampoline, playground, boules, multi sports court, tennis, fishing, cycle hire, kayaking and canoeing.
Facilities available at Camping L’Isle Verte campsite include WIFI, restaurant, take away, pizzeria, bar, take away, snack bar, animation team, tv room, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping L’Isle Verte includes 2 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Camping L’Isle Verte.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping L’Isle Verte including:
- Musee des Blindes – The Musee des Blindes is an interesting tank museum which boasts a fantastic collection of fascinating tanks both from France and also other countries.
- Saumur – Saumur is known as the “White City” because of its cream coloured buildings. The town is very pleasant with plenty of interesting things to see including the Chateau which is also well worthwhile visiting.
- Chinon – Although Chinon is best known for its Chateau, you shouldn’t miss seeing the town itself which boasts some lovely old buildings and also a great museum where you can learn more about the town.
- Chateau de Usse – The Chateau de Usse is literally the stuff fairytales are made of. The Chateau was the main inspiration for the fairytale Sleeping Beauty and is well worth visiting.
- Bioparc Done la Fontaine – This brilliant zoo is home to over 1000 animals from 123 different species. Animals at the zoo include birds, monkeys, apes, big cats, and reptiles.
Book Camping L’Isle Verte
Book your camping holiday in France at Camping L’Isle Verte, choosing one of the following options: