Camping L’Oree de Deauville campsite is located in Vauville in the Calvados department of Normandy near to the northern coast.
Camping L’Oree de Deauville
Camping L’Oree de Deauville is a lovely family friendly campsite that’s located within the beautiful Normandy countryside amidst a number of farms which specialise in horses. The campsite itself is perfectly landscaped offering a wealth of greenery and trees making this the perfect place to relax and have fun.
One of the things you’ll notice about Camping L’Oree de Deauville is its fantastic location. The longer you stay, the more that you realise that you not only benefit from the beautiful scenery but you also have the wonderful Normandy coastline right on your doorstep. A short distance away you can take a journey into history to discover many of the cemeteries, battlegrounds and of course the beaches of Juno, Utah, Gold, Sword and Omaha which are truly awe inspiring and thought provoking. There are also plenty of museums in the area which will give you a great insight into the event up to, following and including the D-Day Landings and Operation Overlord.
Deauville is a fantastic internationally renowned resort which offers a wealth of different activities, events and things to see and do. This stunning seaside resort was opened in the 19th century and since then it has been a fashionable resort for the upper classes. From its beautiful beaches, stunning architecture, glamorous events, film festival, polo and horse races, it really is one of the more popular places to visit along the northern coast.
The nearest beach to Camping L’Oree de Deauville is a mere 3km away at Blonville-sur-Mer and the beautiful seaside resort of Deauville is around 5km away. Both beaches are brilliant for families with long expanses of sand and plenty of space to relax, play games, swim and of course build sandcastles.
If you’d prefer to stay a little closer to the campsite for your swimming then you’ll find a pleasant, small heated family swimming pool on-site where you can relax and swim. Although not massive, the swimming pool is large enough for you to take a dip and enjoy the sun.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping L’Oree de Deauville campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping L’Oree de Deauville campsite include cycle hire, a bouncy castle, playground, trampoline, boules and table tennis.
Facilities available at Camping L’Oree de Deauville campsite include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, bar, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping L’Oree de Deauville campsite includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping L’Oree de Deauville campsite including:
- Aquarium Trouville – The fantastic aquarium at Trouville is not just an aquarium but also a vivarium meaning that it’s home to not only a variety of different sea creatures but also a whole range of reptiles from around the world including snakes, lizards and turtles.
- Zoo Cerza – Located in Lisieux, Zoo Cerza is a 60 hectare zoo that is home to over 1000 different animals covering 120 different species. A fantastic day out for younger children you’ll be able to see a variety of animals including giraffes, bears, tigers, rhinos and many more.
- Caen – Caen is a mecca of history and culture boasting a range of historical buildings that were constructed during the reign of William the Conqueror. The main centre of Caen however was obliterated during WW2. There are a whole host of things to see in Caen including Le Memorial de Caen museum.
- Le Havre – Le Havre has gained UNESCO World Heritage status for its range of architecture that is unlike anything else seen in France due to mid being almost completely destroyed during WW2. Don’t forget to spend some time in this lovely port whilst in Normandy.
- Honfleur – Honfleur is a truly enchanting harbour that benefitted from its marine traders and commerce. The many pretty, historic houses around the harbour were built by wealth families and have for many years made the port popular with visitors, artists and also photographers who come to look at, paint and photograph the sights.
Book Camping L’Oree de Deauville
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY