Camping Pomport Beach campsite is located in Pomport in the Dordogne region of France.
Camping Pomport Beach
Camping Pomport Beach is a fairly small but exceedingly well maintained campsite which lies in the heart of the countryside a short distance from the town of Bergerac.
Occupying 12 hectares of pleasantly landscaped grounds, Camping Pomport Beach enjoys a really picturesque rural setting in the centre of a woodland and rolling farmland.
Camping Pomport Beach is an extremely family friendly campsite offering a whole range of activities on site, whilst also being in the perfect location from which you can explore the surrounding area.
The stunning town of Bergerac can be reached in a little over 10 minutes and is well renowned for its history, art, culture and of course wine. You’ll also find a great range of different shops and facilities there ensuring you’ll have everything you’ll need whilst on holiday.
Swimming facilities at the campsite are truly excellent. Although you’ll be miles away from the coast when staying at Camping Pomport Beach you’ll even have your own beach. The on site lake has it’s own beach which is a welcome addition to the facilities and you can also fish, swim and use canoes and pedalos on the lake. In addition to the lake families will also love the swimming pool. Boasting a wonderful sunny lagoon pool with a children’s pool and several slides, the whole family are sure to have a lot of fun.
Campsite activities and facilities
Although Camping Pomport Beach campsite isn’t the largest of campsites there are still a fantastic range of activities and facilities on site.
On site activities at Camping Pomport Beach campsite include table tennis, tennis, football, badminton, basketball, volleyball, boules, mini golf, fishing, canoeing, pedalos and a playground.
Facilities available at Camping Pomport Beach campsite include WIFI, takeaway, bar, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Pomport Beach campsite includes a range of safari tents and mobile homes that are available from Eurocamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Pomport Beach campsites including:
- Chateau de Monbazillac – A stones throw from the campsite is the 16th Century Chateau de Monbazillac. Famous for its fantastic wines, it’s possible to take a tour of the Chateau, it’s cellars and of course sample it’s wines.
- Saint Emilion – Saint Emilion is a lovely town which is surrounded by vineyards and filled with historic buildings and monuments. The local vineyard is also the first to be classified as a world heritage site and tours are also available.
- Bergerac – Only 10 – 15 minutes drive away, Bergerac is an historic town which is filled with all sorts of interesting buildings, museums and places to see. At the old cloister you can find out more about wine production and the area’s history which is particularly interesting.
- AccroZarbres – AccroZarbres is a brilliant treetop adventure centre which offers a variety of different courses for a variety of ages and abilities. If you’re after something a little different that AccroZarbres is a fantastic destination with fun for all the family.
- Canoe the Dordogne – A trip to the Dordogne region of France isn’t complete without a trip down the Dordogne river in a canoe. Trips are available from both Bergerac and also Prigonrieux.
Book Camping Pomport Beach
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping Pomport Beach is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY