Camping Utah Beach campsite is located in Saint-Marie-du-Mont in the Manche department of Normandy just metres from the famous Utah Beach.
Camping Utah Beach
Camping Utah Beach is a small, peaceful, family run campsite that occupies a wonderful location less than 100m from the beach on the south eastern edge of the Cotentin Peninsula.
As its name suggests Camping Utah Beach is located alongside Utah Beach which was named so during Operation Overlord and the Normandy landings in 1944.
Monuments, cemeteries and museums dedicated to this important modern day event can be found throughout Normandy however camping alongside one of the most famous stretches of beach in Europe is massively thought provoking.
A short distance down the road from the campsite is the Utah Beach museum which boasts many artefacts, information and reminders of how bravely the soldiers fought and died. The aim of the landing was to secure the Cotentin Peninsula and prevent the German army from reinforcing Cherbourg. The museum goes through 10 sequences from the planning of the operation right up to the outcome.
The area today is a beach lovers paradise with miles upon miles of soft sand to enjoy. Whether you fancy just relaxing in the sea or partaking in some of the water sports available nearby, you’re sure to find something to keep you busy.
For a relatively small campsite, Camping Utah Beach certainly does well when it comes to swimming pools. On-site you’ll find a very nice covered heated swimming pool and jacuzzi which is great for families of all ages.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Utah Beach campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping Utah Beach campsite include tennis, boules, table tennis, playground, trampoline, bouncy castle, archery, sauna, jacuzzi and kayak hire.
Facilities available at Camping Utah Beach campsite include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, bar, grocery shop, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Utah Beach campsite includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Utah Beach campsite including:
- Cherbourg – Cherbourg is filled with history from throughout the ages. It was the first place to be liberated following Operation Overload in 1944 and was the last place the Titanic visited on its final voyage. There’s plenty to see and do and also lots of lovely shops and restaurants.
- Bayeux – Bayeux is home to the famous tapestry which depicts the battles of the invasion of England by William the Conqueror during 1066. It’s also home to a number of fascinating WW2 museums and cemeteries which are very thought provoking and moving.
- Grandcamp Maisy – Grandcamp Maisy is one of the largest defensive positions used by the Germans in the defence of Omaha and Utah beaches during the D-Day landings and is open to the public daily. There are over 2 miles of tunnels, trenches and gun emplacements to explore at this fantastic site.
- Normandy Beaches – The beaches of Utah, Gold, Juno, Sword and Omaha are all within a short distance and are the landing places of allied forces during WW2. As well as having lots of historical importance the beaches are also great for a family day out at the seaside.
- Carentan – Carentan is a town where a battle took place during WW2. The battle at Carentan has been made more famous by its inclusion in television and video games such as the HBO series Band of Brothers and games such as Call of Duty and Medal of Honor.
Book Camping Utah Beach
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY