Campsite des Familles is located in Grayan-et-l’Hopital in the Gironde region of France.
Campsite des Familles
Campsite des Familles is a lovely three star campsite that is located within the stunning Gironde countryside in the centre of the Medoc Peninsula.
Set within 2 hectares of pleasantly landscaped grounds, this small, family friendly campsite is just perfect for those wishing to find a place where they can simply relax and unwind, whilst still having enough both on-site and nearby to keep them busy.
One of the great things about the Gironde region is the number of cycle routes. Mile upon mile of lovely countryside tracks and roads means that if you’re into cycling you really can get out and explore.
The nearest beach to Campsite des Familles is around 5km away. Easily reachable by car or bicycle, the nearest beach is Plage Gurp. Wild, long and covered in sand the beach is ideal for those looking to get out and enjoy some of the fantastic water sports on offer such as surfing. Although fantastic for families, the more family friendly beach of Amelie Plage is just 10km away. Here you’ll find calmer, shallower waters that are patrolled by lifeguards in high season.
Back at Campsite des Families, if you want to take a dip in the water you’ll find a lovely family swimming pool, children’s pool with slide and a sun terrace which is perfect for sunbathing.
Campsite activities and facilities
Campsite des Familles offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Campsite des Familles include a multi sports field, football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, archery, boules, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Campsite des Familles include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, pizzeria, take away, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Campsite des Familles includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Campsite des Familles.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Campsite des Familles including:
- Bordeaux – There’s plenty to see and do in Bordeaux to keep the whole family happy. There are lots of famous wine producing Chateau on the outskirts of the city, stunning architecture, museums and even the longest shopping street in Europe.
- Arcachon – Arcachon is a lovely place to visit that is perfect for sea food lovers. This lovely seaside resort is filled with oyster bars and restaurants that offer a whole variety of locally caught cuisine.
- Dune du Pilat – The largest sand dune in Europe, Dune de Pilat is a highly popular visitor attraction that overhangs the Atlantic Ocean. From the top of the dune you get a fantastic panoramic view of the surrounding area.
- Cap Ferret – Cap Ferret is a lovely seaside resort that is a perfect place to relax and unwind. Beautiful views out to sea, wonderful beaches and plenty of lovely restaurants where you can sit back, watch the world go by and enjoy some local seafood.
- Palmyre Zoo – Palmyre Zoo is one of the largest zoos in France and is home to a whole host of different animals from around the globe, the zoo is the perfect day out for those with children.
Book Campsite des Familles
Book your camping holiday in France at Campsite des Familles, choosing one of the following options: