Campsite le Moulin is located in Patornay in the Jura region of France along the banks of the river Ain.
Campsite le Moulin
Campsite le Moulin is set within 5 hectares of stunning grounds, next to the river Ain. Surrounded by woodland, the campsite is an ideal place for those that love nature. The grounds are well landscaped with a plethora of flora and fauna and the local woods provide the perfect place for people looking for a great place to walk, hike and bike.
The campsite is a stones throw from the local Lac de Vouglans which is ideal for those who love the water. Not only does the lake offer a number of fantastic beaches but there are also a whole variety of different water sports on offer. These include fishing, diving, water skiing, jet skiing, motor boating, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking and much more.
Although the lake is nearby, many visitors to Campsite le Moulin love to stay a little close and utilise the river. There really is nothing better than sitting by the river bank and watching the world go by. Fishing, swimming, canoeing and just messing around are just some of the activities many families take part in each year whilst visiting the campsite.
One of the great things about Campsite le Moulin is its location. Fairly central within the Jura region, the campsite is the perfect place for a base from which you can explore the delights of the region.
With so many places to visit nearby to the campsite you may wonder why so many people remain onsite. The swimming pool complex is one reason boasting an indoor heated, outdoor heated and toddlers pool and slides which are all great for families of all ages.
Campsite activities and facilities
Campsite le Moulin offers a good range of activities and facilities on site which are perfect for a family camping holiday.
Activities available at Campsite le Moulin include the swimming pool area, a playground, multi sports field, boules, table tennis, cycle hire, fishing and kayaking.
Facilities available at Campsite le Moulin include WIFI, takeaway, pizzeria, bar, snack bar, grocery shop, animation team, tv room, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Campsite le Moulin includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Campsite le Moulin.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Campsite le Moulin including:
- Harisson Waterfall – From high up within the mountains the river flows downhill over a total of seven stunning waterfalls. This amazing sight shouldn’t be missed but don’t forget to take a coat.
- Loss-le-Saunier – Although much of the town was destroyed by fire during the 17th Century, there is still a great deal of interesting places to see. The spa and also the archeological museum are both worth visiting.
- Bourg-en-Bresse – Bourg-en-Bresse offers a number of pleasant shops, restaurants and cafes but the most visited places in the town are the cathedral and monastery which date back to the 16th Century.
- Geneva – Although Geneva is a fair drive away if you have the time you’d be silly not to visit this wonderful Swiss city. It truly is stunning and there is so much to see and do that you won’t be disappointed.
- Dijon – Dijon is a superb city with plenty of history, culture and gastronomy to enjoy. The centre of the city boasts a wonderful 13th Century gothic church and plenty of narrow medieval cobbled streets.
Book Campsite le Moulin
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Campsite le Moulin is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY