Campsite le Repaire is located in Thiviers in the Dordogne region of France.
Campsite le Repaire
Campsite le Repaire is a small, family friendly campsite that lies within 8 hectares of wooded grounds on the outskirts of Thiviers, a stones throw from Perigueux.
The campsite is in a beautiful part of the countryside in a location that lends itself to peace and relaxation which is something that you’ll definitely be able to find here. Well maintained and perfectly located pitches ensure that your stay is an enjoyable one with plenty of space and shade available to escape the warm summer sun.
Thiviers is a little over 2km away and is an extremely pretty town having remained relatively unchanged for a number of years. There are a number of interesting and old buildings within the town along with all the necessities you’ll need whilst on holiday. Thiviers is also well known for the production of foie gras and there’s even a museum that tells visitors all about its production.
At the heart of Campsite le Repaire is it’s brilliant range of water activities. Firstly, the campsite boasts a good swimming pool for it’s size that includes a coverable pool and toddlers pool with a variety of seating and sunbathing areas. Secondly, you’ll find a lovely little lake which is for fishing and there’s also a pedalo.
Finally just a short walk away, around 800m from the campsite, you’ll find Etang de Nantheuil. A fantastic lake on which you can fish, canoe, use pedal boats and there’s also a beach area, grass sunbathing area and it is great for swimming and relaxing.
Campsite activities and facilities
Campsite le Repaire is a small campsite that still manages to offer a good range of on site activities and facilities.
On site activities at Campsite le Repaire include table tennis, tennis court, boules, cycle hire, fishing and a playground.
Facilities available at Campsite le Repaire include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, bar, fresh bread, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Campsite le Repaire campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Campsite le Repaire.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Campsite le Repaire including:
- Perigueux – A fantastic city on the banks of the river Isle, Perigueux is a great place to visit where you’ll find a variety of lovely historical buildings, plenty of museums and lots of things to see and do.
- Chateau de Puyguilhem – This is the best preserved castle of its type in the region. Built in the early 16th Century, Chateau de Puyguilhem was restored by the French Government between 1940 and 1962.
- Brantome – Brantome is a lovely medieval town which is set on an island that is completely surrounded by the river Dronne. Access to the town is via one of the 5 lovely bridges that span the river.
- Grotte de Villars – Explore over 500m of underground caves where you can admire a number of beautiful chambers filled with stalactites and stalagmites and there are even some cave paintings that date back over 17000 years.
- Canoe Belle Isle – Canoe down the river with family or friends. Choose from 5 different routes and distances from 5km to 24km and see why the region is so popular with those on water. Canoe along the river and then get bused back to your vehicle.
Book Campsite le Repaire
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Campsite le Repaire is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY