Campsite les Almadies is located in La Tranche-sur-Mer in the Vendee region of France.
Campsite les Almadies
Campsite les Almadies is a typically French family friendly campsite which covers 11 hectares of grounds within the Vendee countryside.
Although there are plenty of trees, flowers and shrubs on the site separating the pitches, the main bonus with this fabulous campsite is that it’s set within the countryside away from the busier seaside resorts and towns. This setting ensures that although there’s plenty to do on site, you’ll also have plenty of space to relax and enjoy your surroundings.
If you’re still drawn to the Vendee coastline then don’t worry as Campsite les Almadies is still perfectly located in order to make the most of the stunning beaches. Just 3km to the south you’ll find the fantastic beaches of La Tranche-sur-Mer. Popular with all types of beach lovers, from families to water sports enthusiasts, La Tranche-sur-Mer is one of the most popular beach resorts in the region. You’ll find plenty of sand to relax and have fun and the best thing is that during high season, the campsite puts on free shuttle buses.
Those looking to get out and explore will find plenty to keep them busy. Along with La Tranche-sur-Mer with it’s shops, cafes, bars, restaurants and beaches you’ll also find a plethora of other interesting places nearby.
Those who’d rather stay on site and laze around the pool will find plenty of chance at Campsite les Almadises. Plenty of sunbathing areas, indoor and outdoor heated pools a selection of slides, toddlers pool and jacuzzi will hopefully mean that the whole family are happy on your holiday.
Campsite activities and facilities
Campsite les Almadies not only provides a great pool and location but also a good range of on site facilities and activities.
On site activities at Campsite les Almadies include basketball, football, volleyball, table tennis, boules, aqua gym, fitness lessons, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Campsite les Almadies campsite include WIFI, restaurant, take away, bar, animation team, grocery shop, tv room, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Campsite les Almadies includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Campsite les Almadies including:
- Les Sables d’Olonne – A fantastic seaside resort that has some great beaches and is home to the Vendee Globe sailing competition. If you want a great day out then visit Les Sables d’Olonne.
- Rochefort – Rochefort is an excellent place to visit especially if you’re interested in maritime history. Part of the French Maritime museum is based here with plenty of artefacts, sculptures and painting available to view.
- Zoo Les Sables d’Olonne – The zoo is fantastic for children and covers three hectares. The zoo is home to over 200 different animals from a variety of species including giraffes, lions, monkeys and reptiles.
- La Rochelle – La Rochelle is filled with history and boasts plenty of things to see and do and you’re guaranteed to have a brilliant day out.
- La Tranche-sur-Mer – A fantastic seaside resort that is only a short distance from the campsite. Massively popular with families of all ages the sand stretches out for 8km.
Book Campsite les Almadies
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Campsite les Almadies is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.Book your holiday