Campsite Port’Land is located in Port-en-Bessin in the Calvados department of Normandy just a few metres from the nearest beach.
Campsite Port’Land is located just a few hundred metres from the wonderful Normandy coastline and is an ideal place for a relaxing family holiday with plenty of activities available on site or nearby for a variety of different ages.
The nearby Port-en-Bessin is a lovely old fishing village which you can quite easily walk to within a few minutes. Once there you can take a look in some of the shops, eat in one of the restaurants or cafes or take a trip out on one of the tour boats to find out more about the area.
Anyone interested in Golf and who are looking to reduce their handicap should pack their clubs. A few hundred meters away you’ll find the Gold d’Omaha Beach Club which has not one but 2, 18 hole courses. One course has a par of 71 and the second 72 and views from the courses are absolutely stunning.
The surrounding area provides a lot of interesting things to see and places to go. If you’d like to find out more about Operation Overlord and the Normandy Landings of 1944 then you really can’t do much better than staying at Campsite Port’Land. Located right along the coast, near to Omaha Beach, the campsite is ideally placed to explore the Pegasus Bridge museum, the beaches of Gold, Juno, Utah, Sword and Omaha along with the many monuments, cemeteries, museums and battle sites.
Although the closest beach to Campsite Port’Land is at Port-en-Bessin, you’ll find that it’s mainly rocky so those with children that prefer to play in the sand we recommend you take a trip down the coast to Omaha Beach. Saying that a trip to a rocky beach will provide plenty of opportunities for those who love rock pooling and looking for sea creatures so make sure you visit it whilst you’re here.
One of the great things about Campsite Port’Land is its family friendly swimming pool complex. On site you’ll find an indoor heated pool, and outdoor pool with children’s area, some slides and plenty of room where you can relax and sunbathe.
Campsite activities and facilities
Campsite Port’Land offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Campsite Port’Land include a multi sports area, football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, boules, sports tournaments, playground, bouncy castle and fishing.
Facilities available at Campsite Port’Land include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, pizzeria, bar, grocery shop, animation team, tv room, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Campsite Port’Land includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Campsite Port’Land.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Campsite Port’Land including:
- Pegasus Bridge – The Pegasus Bridge museum is filled with personal effects and the history surrounding the battle for the bridge between the British 6th Airbourne Division and the Germans. The bridge itself was removed and place in the grounds of the museum for all to see.
- Bayeux – Bayeux is home to many historical places including the war cemetery, WW2 museum and the famous Bayeux tapestry which depicts the battles of the invasion of England by William the Conqueror and the Normans during 1066.
- Arromanches – Arromanches is a popular beach town where you can still see the remains of the Mulberry Harbour which was installed and used following the D-Day landings and the museum is also very popular with visitors to the town.
- Normandy Beaches – Whilst visiting Normandy you’d be silly not to visit the beaches of Utah, Gold, Juno, Sword and Omaha. All are within a short distance of the campsite and are the landing places of allied forces during WW2 and the D-Day landings.
- Caen – Caen is a lovely place to visit with plenty of Normandy based food dishes, culture and history to explore. The main centre of the town was destroyed by allied forces but there are still plenty of great places to explore and things to see.
Book Campsite Port’Land
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Campsite Port’Land is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY