Chateau le Brevedent campsite is located in Port L’Eveque in the Normandy region of France.
Chateau le Brevedent
Chateau le Brevedent campsite is a wonderfully authentic, 4 star, family run French campsite which can be found nestled in the beautiful Normandy countryside.
The campsite lies within 6 hectares of wooded grounds which belong to a beautiful 18th Century Chateau after which the campsite is named. Many of the pitches surround the lake or have a view of the Chateau allowing you to experience all that’s great about camping in France.
Although fairly small, Chateau le Brevedent a member of the Castles group of campsites and therefore provides you with a range of high quality facilities and activities that you’ll need whilst on your family holiday and even boasts its own lake which is great for canoeing or fishing.
One of the best things about the campsite is its location. The cross channel ports of Caen and Le Havre are within easy reach and there’s also plenty of places to visit nearby including the beautiful Normandy beaches, historical towns and WWII monuments and cemeteries.
If you’re looking for a campsite right next to a beach then maybe you ought to look elsewhere however if you’re happy with a short drive then Chateau le Brevedent could be for you. Around 25km away you’ll find the brilliant resort of Deauville which is well known for its beautiful sandy beach.
A little bit closer to home, if you fancy getting wet with a dip in a swimming pool then you won’t be disappointed with what’s on offer. The campsite has a wonderful little pool complex including both a children’s pool and a family pool. Both pools are directly outside the Chateau offering you the chance to have fun and relax in style.
Campsite activities and facilities
Chateau le Brevedent campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Chateau le Brevedent campsite include tennis, table tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, boules, mini golf, fishing, playground, canoeing, rowing boats and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Chateau le Brevedent campsite include WIFI, restaurant, pizzeria, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Chateau le Brevedent campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes and tents that are available from Eurocamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Chateau le Brevedent campsite including:
- Le Havre – Le Havre has gained UNESCO World Heritage status for its range of architecture that is unlike anything else seen in France due to mid being almost completely destroyed during WW2. Don’t forget to spend some time in this lovely port whilst in Normandy.
- Deauville – Deauville is one of the premier seaside resorts in Normandy and comes complete with a 1.5km promenade along the seafront. Deauville is the most popular beach resort with those on holiday at the campsite. If you leave the beach and explore the town of Deauville you’ll find some lovely buildings that show off how popular the resort was in the past. There are many beautiful villas and half timbered traditional houses which are very Norman in their origin. Take a walk around the shops and your able to find some pretty boutiques, pleasant cafes and wonderful restaurants to try the local cuisine.
- Cerza Zoo – Cerza Zoo is one of the finest animal parks in northern France. Standing in around 60 hectares of ground the zoo is home to over 1000 animals from 120 different species. The zoo is split into several different areas covering all regions of the globe. Take a walk through the tropical zone and discover the various reptiles, fish and amphibians such as alligators, turtles that live in tropical climates. Creep through the African zone where you’ll be able to see animals such as zebras, lions, rhinos and giraffes, see wildlife from around the globe in the last zone such as bears, wolves, tiger, parrots, monkeys, kangaroos or relax in the mini farm where you can get up close to sheep, chickens, goats, horses and pigs.
- Honfleur – Honfleur lies on the Normandy coast about 28km to the north of Chateau Le Brevedent and is well worth visiting.This beautifully enchanting port is one of the most popular tourist destinations in northern France and it’s not hard to see why. Honfleur has managed to retain many of its picturesque streets and old houses making it filled with wonderful architecture.The town is very pretty which has led to many famous artists visiting and today there are many galleries which display visiting artists work.
- WW2 sites and Museums – Normandy boasts many different World War 2 sites including various memorials, museums and cemeteries. As there are so many, we are unable to feature all of them here. Chateau le Brevedent is however located in an ideal place to see many of these important sites.
Book Chateau le Brevedent
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY