Chateau le Verdoyer campsite is located in Champs-Romain in the Dordogne region of France.
Chateau le Verdoyer
Chateau le Verdoyer is a beautiful and well maintained campsite that lies within approximately 25 hectares of wooded parkland on the estate of a 19th Century Chateau.
The campsite is located near to Champs-Romain which is a tiny village in the Perigord Vert area of the Dordogne which is named so because of the its vast amount of green coloured lakes, forests and fields. You’ll find that the Perigord Vert area is less busy than some of the other areas of the Dordogne which is perfect for those wishing to get away from the crowds and for those looking for a really relaxing holiday.
At the heart of the campsite is the Chateau which is very beautiful and stands overlooking many of the facilities and also the lake. Many of the campsites main services are housed within pretty stone faced buildings that surround the central courtyard of the Chateau which adds to the pleasant feeling of this superb campsite.
At the heart of the campsite you’ll find two fantastic lakes, one for fishing which is right next to the Chateau and another one for swimming. The lakes are one of the most popular features of the campsite alongside the brilliant pool complex.
Within sight of the Chateau are the campsites swimming pools. For the number of pitches, Chateau le Verdoyer offers a pretty good range of swimming facilities including an indoor heated pool, 2 outdoor pools, a fantastic 37m long waterslide and plenty of sunbathing areas.
Campsite activities and facilities
Chateau le Verdoyer is a great family friendly campsite which offers a comprehensive range of on site activities and facilities.
On site activities at Chateau le Verdoyer include a multi sports field, table tennis, tennis court, boules, cycle hire, fishing and a playground.
Facilities available at Chateau le Verdoyer include WIFI, snack bar, restaurant, takeaway, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Chateau le Verdoyer campsite includes a range of fantastic tents that are available from Suncamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Chateau le Verdoyer campsite including:
- Perigueux – Located on the banks of the river Isle, Perigueux is a fantastic place where you’ll find a variety of lovely historical buildings, plenty of museums and lots of things to see and do.
- Chateau de Puyguilhem – A beautiful Chateau which dates back to the early Renaissance era during the reign of King Francois the 1st. The stunning Chateau is just 21km away and is well worth visiting.
- Brantome – Brantome is a lovely medieval town which is set on an island that is completely surrounded by the river Dronne. Access to the town is via one of the 5 lovely bridges that span the river.
- Villars Caves – Around 500m of an underground cave network is viewable on a trip to the caves where you can admire a number of beautiful chambers filled with stalactites and stalagmites and there’s even some cave paintings dating back over 17000 years.
- Nontron – The official capital of the Perigord Vert region of the Dordogne, Nontron boasts some beautiful views over the valley and is famous throughout France for its production of knives.
Book Chateau le Verdoyer
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Chateau le Verdoyer is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY