Chateau Lez Eaux campsite is located in Saint-Pair-sur-Mer in the Normandy region of France.
Chateau Lez Eaux
Chateau Lez Eaux is a small, yet very pleasant campsite, that occupies a wonderful setting within 12 hectares of grounds, of a beautiful 18th century Chateau.
The campsite is a member of the Castels group therefore as you’d expect not only offers a range of quality activities and facilities but is also extremely well maintained and looked after.
Chateau Lez Eaux is a very picturesque campsite which aims to not only offer a great place for your holiday but to also offer a great place from which you can explore Normandy including Mont Saint Michel and the Cotentin Peninsula. The landscaping of the campsite is excellent with a brilliant variety of trees and colourful plants to aid in privacy and also make you feel really relaxed and to help you unwind.
The nearest beach to the campsite is only around 4km to the west of the campsite and there you’ll find an enormous stretch of sand. Both wide and long the beach is the perfect place for a family day at the seaside with lots of space to play in the sand, swim in the sea, relax or play some games.
Back at Chateau Lez Eaux, if you want to get wet then why not take a dip in the fantastic pool. With a great selection of indoor and outside pools, water slides, fountain and jungle themed children’s pool you’ll be sure to have a whole lot of fun no matter the weather.
Campsite activities and facilities
Chateau Lez Eaux campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Chateau Lez Eaux campsite include tennis, table tennis, football, running track, fishing, playground, trampolines, bouncy castles and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Chateau Lez Eaux campsite include WIFI, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Chateau Lez Eaux campsite including:
- Granville Aquarium – Granville Aquarium is home to many different sea creatures such as eels, piranhas and seahorses but there is also a butterfly garden at the aquarium which houses a variety of different butterflies and insects from around the world. Additional attractions at the aquarium include the mineral palace and the fairy room where you can see a variety of different stones, rocks, and shells.
- Mont St Michel – Mont St Michel during ancient times was a strategic fort but since the 8th century has been a monastery. The island was one of the very first to be given UNESCO’s World Heritage site status and it’s not hard to understand why. Due to it’s importance and popularity Mont St Michel can become quite busy so we’d suggest you get there as early as possible to avoid the midday crowds.
- Zoo de Champrepus – Zoo de Champrepus is home to around 50 species of animal from around the world which are housed in 6 distinct areas which consist of the Mini Farm, the Tropical Area, the Asian Area, the Madagascan Area, the African Area and finally Nono the Penguin. Within these specific areas you will find a variety of animals including tigers, giraffes, sheep, miniature goats, donkeys, cows, macaws, monkeys, gibbons, leopards, different types of lemurs, zebras, ostriches, wallabies and penguins!
- WW2 sites and Museums – Normandy is well known for the number of World War 2 museums, cemeteries and historic sites that are located within its boundaries and many can be visited from Chateau Lez Eaux campsite. The area is visited by thousands of people every year looking to find out more about the War, D-Day and also to find where a lost relative is buried. There are too many historic sites of interest to list here, however we suggest you have a good look prior to your holiday.
- Alligator Bay – Located a short distance to the south of Mont Saint Michel, Alligator Bay is a fantastic place to visit especially if you have children. Filled with all sorts of snakes, lizards, frogs, tortoises and of course alligators, the park offers visitors the chance to see and read all about them. You can even get into a small enclosure with some giant tortoises and pat them if you like.
Book Chateau Lez Eaux
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY