Des Menhirs campsite is located in Carnac in the Brittany region of France.
Des Menhirs is a lovely 4 star campsite that’s set within 15 acres of pleasantly landscaped grounds in the stunning and extremely popular seaside resort of Carnac.
Surprisingly Des Menhirs occupies a position in the heart of the resort and within a built up area although you’d never realise it from within the campsite. The well laid out campsite and its facilities would make you think that you’re a million miles away from such a popular town.
One of the major benefits of Des Menhirs campsite location is the fact that you have everything you could possibly need, right on your doorstep. There are lots of things to see and do a little further afield but for those families looking for a campsite near to a beach and shops, Des Menhirs could be the perfect option.
Des Menhirs is perfect for those looking for a beach holiday with the best beach in the area, Grande Plage, lying a mere 300 metres away. There are several fantastic beaches in Carnac but Grande Plage is the best, being very sandy, large and perfect for a family day out. Saying that if you fancy a change then try on of the others, you won’t be disappointed.
Although the main attraction with Les Menhirs is its distance from the beach, the campsite also offers a great swimming pool complex. Boasting a number of indoor and outdoor pools, water slides, a new space bowl slide, a sauna, jacuzzi, a solarium and plenty of sun terracing, you’re sure to love this brilliant family friendly campsite.
Campsite activities and facilities
Des Menhirs campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Des Menhirs campsite include table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, gym, boules and a playground.
Facilities available at Des Menhirs campsite include WIFI, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Des Menhirs campsite including:
- Carnac Standing Stones – The Standing Stones of Carnac dawn from the megalithic period are one of the most visited historic monuments in Brittany. The stones stand in lines for around 2.5km which makes quite a sight. Near to the standing stones is the Musee de Prehistoire de Carnac, which has a large number of archaeological exhibitions that help to explain the area, the stones and the variety of finds that have been uncovered in the past.
- Foret Adrenaline – Set within 5 hectares of forest, Adrenaline Forest offers visitors the chance to challenge themselves along a variety of trails. The courses are rated both in age and difficulty and can accommodate children from the age of 2 all the way up to adults. Walk along the course set within the chestnut, pine and oak trees, tackle the obstacles, challenge yourself and others but most of all have lots and lots of fun! Please note that it’s advisable to book prior to attendance.
- Vannes Aquarium – Vannes aquarium lies along the Gulf Of Morbihan and boasts an amazing 50 tanks which are home to sea creatures from around the globe. To make the most of your trip to Vannes we suggest you buy a combined ticket which allows you entry into the Jardin aux Papillons which is located near to the aquarium. Here you will be able to discover beautiful butterflies from around the world and watch them fly freely around you! There is also a hatching unit where you can see the butterflies transform from caterpillars.
- Belle Ile – Belle Ile is the largest island off the coast of Brittany and is very popular with tourists due to it’s magnificent scenery and its opera festival which runs each year in August. The island is reached by the ferry that runs from Quiberon. Whether you’re interested in the festival or not, we’d recommend a trip to Belle Ile as there are plenty of walks, photo opportunities and the island’s museum, which is housed in a star shaped citadel and is very interesting.
- Auray – Auray is an attractive town which has managed to retained much of its charm and character. There is plenty of history housed within the cobbled streets of Auray and pretty harbour of Saint Goustan. You will also find many half timbered and granite traditional Breton houses in the town. The bridge over the river and some of the buildings are quite spectacular and give an insight into how important the town was in the past. Auray is one of those towns that you should pop in and visit even if it’s only for a short time.
Book Des Menhirs
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY