Domaine de Chaussy campsite is located in Lagorce in the Ardeche region of France.
Domaine de Chaussy
Domaine de Chaussy is pleasant 5 star campsite set on a wooded hill in the heart of the Ardeche countryside.
Domaine de Chaussy is an ideal campsite for those looking for a holiday in the sun where they can relax because of the 15 hectares of pleasantly landscaped grounds. You can also take part in a variety of onsite and off site activities and explore the surrounding area.
The Ardeche region of France is well known for the variety of activities that are available and Domaine de Chaussy is well placed to take advantage of many of them. If you love the water then you’ll want to head to the Ardeche River. Along its length you’ll be able to find plenty of companies offering canoeing, kayaking and canyoning and furthermore we’d certainly recommend you take a trip down to Pont d’Arc.
One of the nearest towns to Domaine de Chaussy is Ruoms. Located just over 2km from the campsite you can cycle there in around 20 minutes or drive in a little over 5. Ruoms is a pleasant medieval town which is well worth visiting, boasting a variety of shops, restaurants and other amenities.
The bonus to any good campsite is a great swimming pool area and that’s exactly what you get at Domaine de Chaussy. Covering 2700m2 the pool complex boasts an area dedicated to younger swimmers with a paddling pool and water games and another pool area offering a large heated pool, diving pools and water slides.
Campsite activities and facilities
Domaine de Chaussy is fun and active family friendly campsite and as such boasts a comprehensive range of on site activities and facilities.
On site activities at Domaine de Chaussy include multi sports field, mini golf, table tennis, tennis, boules, archery, cycle track, playground, trampoline, football, volleyball, running course, fitness area and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Domaine de Chaussy include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Domaine de Chaussy campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Domaine de Chaussy campsite including:
- Aven d’Orgnac – Discovered in 1935 this fascinating cave system features a number of massive underground chambers which are filled with majestical crystal formations.
- Pont d’Arc – One of the most popular and most photographed spots in the Ardeche region, the Pont d’Arc is a fabulous sight and best viewed from the river below in a canoe or kayak.
- Pont du Gard – Port du Gard is a stunning three tiered arched Roman aqueduct which stands nearly 49m high. The aqueduct is amazing and there’s also a museum and visitor centre on site providing a wealth of information.
- Aqua Ardeche – One of the largest water parks in France, Aqua Ardeche boasts a number of different water slides and water chutes that offers children and adults a great deal of fun and excitement.
- Chateau des Roure – This 15th Century chateau is an old castle that lies along the old Pont d’Arc road. The chateau became important during the religious wars and now houses a silk workshop museum where you can see silkworm breeding and tools used in the production of silk.
Book Domaine de Chaussy
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Domaine de Chaussy is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY