Domaine de Ker Ys campsite is located in St Nic in the Brittany region of France.
Domaine de Ker Ys
Domaine de Ker Ys is a wonderful family friendly campsite that is located approximately half way along Douarnenez bay between the Crozon Peninsula and Cap Sizun just 20m from Pentrez beach.
The campsite is well maintained and well landscaped with a variety of greenery to make your stay more pleasant.
The whole area surrounding the campsite is so beautiful you’ll struggle to know what to do whilst staying at the campsite. There are plenty of tracks, trails and paths, including the coastal path which are ideal for those wanting to get out and explore by foot or bicycle. You’ll also find a whole host of interesting places nearby to visit.
One of the great things about the campsite is that it’s got direct access to the local beach which is approximately 4km long and is covered in fine golden sand which is perfect for families of all ages. In the summer months the beach has lifeguards patrolling its waters meaning that you can swim in safety and as well as the sunbathing, sandcastle building and swimming you can also take part in a variety of water sports nearby including kite surfing, surfing, kayaking and sailing.
Back at Domaine de Ker Ys campsite you’ll find a lovely pool complex which caters for all ages and abilities. Along with a family swimming pool, there’s also a whirlpool area, slides, paddling pool and a smaller pool for toddlers with a waterfall and mushroom sprinkler. Surrounding the pools there are a number of loungers where you can sit back and watch your kids having fun or sunbathe.
Campsite activities and facilities
Domaine de Ker Ys campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Domaine de Ker Ys campsite include multi sports area, football, basketball, volleyball, spa, gym, boules, a playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Domaine de Ker Ys campsite include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Domaine de Ker Ys campsite including:
- Fun Park – Fun Park is a brilliant treetop adventure centre that’s located at Crozon to the north of the campsite. With a variety of different courses and obstacles for all ages and abilities you’re sure to have a fantastic and fun time monkeying around in the trees.
- L’Aquashow – L’Aquashow is a bird and aquarium attraction that features a multitude of different sea creatures and birds. Take a wander around the aquarium tanks which include shellfish, sharks and octopus and then have a variety of birds swoosh past your head in the bird show, it’s a great day out for all the family.
- Douarnenez Maritime Museum – If you’re interested in all thing to do with the sea then a trip to the maritime museum at Douarnenez could be right up your street. You’ll find around 200 hundred vessels and a multitude of maritime objects to look through as well as lots of information about different types of water based vessels and the history of sailing.
- Quimper – Quimper is the historic capital of the Finistere department of Brittany and as such boasts a wealth of historical, architectural and cultural building, attractions and things to see and do. Whether you decide to head here for a spot of shopping or just to wander around, don’t forget to sit down in one of the local restaurants and try some of the wonderful Breton cuisine.
- Brest – Although a little further away from the campsite, Brest is certainly a port that you must visit if you’re in the vicinity. This old naval port boasts a completely nature harbour which is why is was used by the French Navy. Amazing views, lots of things to see and do and some brilliant shops await you at Brest.
Book Domaine de Ker Ys
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY