Domaine de Kervel campsite is located in Plonevez-Porzay in the Brittany region of France.
Domaine de Kervel
Domaine de Kervel is a wonderfully family friendly campsite that’s set within 7 hectares of picturesque Breton countryside and is just under 1km from the nearest beach.
From the campsite you can take advantage of some truly spectacular views of the Crozon peninsula and also the Baie de Douarnenez both of which are absolutely stunning.
The whole area around Domaine de Kervel is extremely popular with all sorts of holidaymakers but especially so with those who love the dramatic coastline, scenery and nature. If you like a bit of walking and want to see some of the fantastic scenery up close then a walk along the famous GR 34 is just for you. The GR 34 is a coastal footpath that runs for in excess of 1800km around the coast of Brittany and takes you past some fantastic beaches, coves, inlets and villages.
Beach lovers will love the campsites brilliant location as within a few short minutes you can be relaxing on one of the many sandy beaches including the nearby Plage de Kervel. The Plage de Kervel is long, sandy and very family friendly offering plenty of places to sunbathe, build sandcastles, splash around or simply have fun.
The main attraction at Domaine de Kervel is its fantastic swimming pool complex. On site you’ll find a heated outside pool, a heated indoor pool, a smaller pool for toddlers which comes complete with a slide, 3 separate water slides and finally a brilliant Space bowl. The Space bowl is a fond favourite of visitor to Domaine de Kervel. The ride starts off with a water slide which sends you off into a bowl where the centrifugal force keeps you spinning round inside the bowl before sending you off down the final chute.
Campsite activities and facilities
Domaine de Kervel campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Domaine de Kervel campsite include a playground, boules, table tennis, multi sports ground, basketball, tennis court, bouncy castle, football field, mini golf and volleyball.
Facilities available at Domaine de Kervel campsite include WIFI, restaurant, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Domaine de Kervel campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Domaine de Kervel campsite including:
- Douarnenez Maritime Museum – If you’re interested in all things to do with the sea then a trip to the maritime museum at Douarnenez could be right up your street. You’ll find around 200 hundred vessels and a multitude of maritime objects to look through as well as lots of information about different types of water based vessels and the history of sailing.
- L’Aquashow – L’Aquashow is a bird and aquarium attraction that features a multitude of different sea creatures and birds. Take a wander around the aquarium tanks which include shellfish, sharks and octopus and then have a variety of birds swoosh past your head in the bird show, it’s a great day out for all the family.
- Fun Park – Fun Park is a brilliant treetop adventure centre that’s located at Crozon to the north of the campsite. With a variety of different courses and obstacles for all ages and abilities you’re sure to have a fantastic and fun time monkeying around in the trees.
- Brest – Although a little further away from the campsite, Brest is certainly a port that you must visit if you’re in the vicinity. This old naval port boasts a completely natural harbour which is why it was used by the French Navy. Amazing views, lots of things to see and do and some brilliant shops await you at Brest.
- Quimper – Quimper is the historic capital of the Finistere department of Brittany and as such boasts a wealth of historical, architectural and cultural building, attractions and things to see and do. Whether you decide to head here for a spot of shopping or just to wander around, don’t forget to sit down in one of the local restaurants and try some of the wonderful Breton cuisine.
Book Domaine de Kervel
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY