Domaine de la Ville Huchet campsite is located in St Malo in the Brittany region of France.
Domaine de la Ville Huchet
Domaine de la Ville Huchet is a fantastic, small, family friendly campsite that is hidden within 6 hectares of wooded parkland belonging to a 19th Century Chateau.
Although smaller than many other campsites in the area, this stunning 4 star quality campsite is perfectly located and offers a great range of activities and facilities.
We’ve already mentioned the location but for anyone wanting to either explore the sights of northern Brittany or even looking for a stop over campsite close to the port of St Malo, you really can’t go wrong.
The cross channel port is under 6km away and takes just 13 minutes to drive to and although the campsite is located just off the main route south of St Malo, you’d never know it was there. The estuary is within a stones throw from the campsite where you can take part in a variety of water based activities and the beaches of St Malo can be reached in a matter of minutes.
Although there are some very nice beaches located along the estuary, the main beaches in the area can be found 6 km to the north of Domaine de la Ville Huchet at St Malo. Here you’ll find stunning sandy beaches that stretch out for miles and miles and offer the perfect location for family day out at the seaside. The main beach also overlooks Fort National which can be reached at low tide.
The on-site swimming pool complex boasts an indoor heated leisure pool and an outdoor heated aquatic park which comes complete with slides. The area surrounding the swimming pool is very nicely landscaped with plenty of palm trees, shrubs and places to relax in the sun.
Campsite activities and facilities
Domaine de la Ville Huchet campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Domaine de la Ville Huchet campsite include mini golf, multi sports ground, basketball, football, volleyball, boules, playground, cycle hire and sports tournaments.
Facilities available at Domaine de la Ville Huchet campsite include WIFI, snack bar, creperie, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Domaine de la Ville Huchet campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Domaine de la Ville Huchet campsite including:
- Chateau Bourbansais – More than a mere Chateau, Bourbansais is both stunning and exciting. Along with visits to the Chateau, within its grounds you’ll find a wildlife park unlike many others in France. Home to a whole variety of different animals from monkeys to lions and tigers, there really is something for everyone.
- St Malo – Although St Malo is a popular cross channel ferry port, there’s much more to see there than you might expect. The beaches are fantastic and the town is perfect for shopping. You’ll also find the older part of town filled with lots of historic buildings and cobbled streets so please make sure you leave enough time to fully explore.
- Fort National – Lying just off the coast at St Malo and reachable by foot at low tide is the stunning Vauban defensive battery, Fort National. Built to defend St Malo from attack it’s possible to visit the fort and see what it was like to be stationed there. You’ll also get a rather spectacular view of St Malo from the sea.
- Cancale – Cancale is well known for its production and the quality of its oysters. Producing in excess of 15000 tonnes of oysters each and every year the oyster farms and beds are well worth a visit although most people visit the town for the views and to taste some of the stunning local produce.
- Mont Saint Michel – Mont Saint Michel is one of the most popular tourist attractions in France with millions of people visiting it every year. Located a short distance to the east of the campsite, if you’re visiting this part of Brittany, you can’t not go to see it. Mont Saint Michel is a stunning sight from afar and even better up near but be prepared for a long walk if you want to reach the top.
Book Domaine de la Ville Huchet
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY