Domaine de Litteau campsite is located in Litteau in the Calvados department of Normandy near to its border with the Manche department.
Domaine de Litteau
Domaine de Litteau is owned and run by Siblu and as such not only boasts a fantastic location but also a great range of facilities and activities. The campsite is great for those looking for a fantastic place to relax and enjoy the French countryside whilst still offering enough to keep the whole family busy.
Located in the heart of the Normandy countryside on the edge of the Cerisy Forest, Domaine de Litteau offers the best of both worlds with plenty of outside space to explore whilst being in a great location from which you can discover more about this fantastic region of France.
It doesn’t really matter what sort of holiday you’re looking for as you’re sure to find something to suit everyone at Domaine de Litteau. The large beaches, stunning medieval towns, thought provoking battle sights and fascinating historical sites are all within a short distance of the campsite and the activities available make this a superb choice for any family.
If you’re looking for a campsite that’s right next to a beach then Domaine de Litteau campsite is not for you. The nearest beach however can be found just 30km away and is the famous Omaha beach. Here you’ll find a stunning beach as well as lots of things to see relating to the D-Day landings so if you’re planning on heading here make sure you leave enough time for both.
On-site at Domaine de Litteau you’ll find a lovely swimming pool complex that includes a heated indoor pool, children’s pool, children’s splash area, slide and spa facility.
Campsite activities and facilities
Domaine de Litteau campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Domaine de Litteau campsite include archery, a multi sports ground, table tennis, boules, volleyball, 2 fishing lakes, football golf, bouncy castle, zip wire, box track, horse riding, walks through the woods, a massive playground area and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Domaine de Litteau campsite include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, bar, grocery shop, animation team, kids club, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Domaine de Litteau campsite including:
- Chateau de Falaise – Chateau de Falaise is the former home of William the Conqueror and is well worthwhile visiting. The imposing chateau boasts fantastic views from its position on the hill and is filled with history dating back to the 12th Century.
- Bayeux – Bayeux is home to the infamous tapestry that tells the story of the Norman conquest in 1066, museums and the British War Cemetery which is massively thought provoking. Filled with history Bayeux has something for everyone.
- Carentan – Carentan is a town which saw some fierce fighting following the landing in 1944. The town is featured in the Band of Brothers TV series and also the games Call of Duty and Medal of Honor so if you’re interested in WW2 history this is definitely a place to visit.
- Normandy Beaches – The famous D-Day Normandy Landing beaches of Utah, Omaha, Juno, Gold and Sword are all within easy travelling distances of the campsite. Although the beaches themselves are great for a day out you’ll also find a number of museums to see.
- Granville – Granville is a lovely town that also boasts some wonderful beaches, however if you fancy doing something different whilst on holiday why not take a look at the ferry service that operates to and from the Channel Islands which will allow you to explore both Jersey and Guernsey whilst in France.
Book Domaine de Litteau
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Domaine de Litteau is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Siblu.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY