La Baie du Kernic campsite is located in Plouescat in the Brittany region of France.
La Baie du Kernic
La Base du Kernic is a lovely, small and friendly campsite that is set in 6 hectares of grounds and is a great place for a relaxing holiday especially if you want to make the most of the stunning scenery, countryside and coastline that northern Brittany provides.
One of the best things about La Baie du Kernic is its location. Situated just 19km from Roscoff means that it’s easily reachable from both the UK and Ireland and there are also plenty of stunning places to visit and see nearby including Roscoff, Brest, Morlaix and more.
Its fantastic location combined with the campsites good range of activities and facilities means that La Baie du Kernic will remain popular with both those looking for a stopover campsite and also those looking for a complete holiday location.
The nearest beach to La Baie du Kernic, Plage Pors-Meur is around 200m away and is both wide and long and provides you with the perfect place to swim, sunbathe, relax, play games, build sandcastles or go rock pooling.
To compliment the beach, La Baie du Kernic also boasts a great swimming pool complex which comes complete with a heated outdoor pool, children’s pool, an indoor swimming pool and plenty of space for sun loungers and sunbathing to make your holiday as relaxing as possible.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Baie du Kernic campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at La Baie du Kernic campsite include boules, multi sports ground, football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis and a playground.
Facilities available at La Baie du Kernic campsite include WiFi, take away, snack bar, pizzeria, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at La Baie du Kernic campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes and tents that are available from Suncamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of La Baie du Kernic campsite including:
- Zoo Saint-Vougay – The lovely little wildlife park at Saint-Vougay is a great way to spend an hour or two if you have some time spare. Although not as large as some other zoos, you’ll find a variety of animals including camels, deers, yaks and buffalo at the park along with horse and pony rides and a chance to feed some of the animals.
- Chateau du Taureau – This majestic fortress stands in Morlaix bay and was built in the 16th Century to defend Morlaix against attack.The fortress is a lovely place to visit and can be reached by one of the many tours from Roscoff or Carantec or by small boat if you fancy the challenge.
- Morlaix – This highly popular town not only features some lovely shops but also boasts a fantastic weekly market. Morlaix was once a thriving port and was occupied by some of the richest traders in the area. Now you’ll be able to see some pretty cobbled streets and building that date back to medieval times if you take the time to look.
- Ile de Batz – The Ile de Batz is a stunning island that can be reached from Roscoff in a little over 15 minutes by boat. A mecca for nature lovers, the island boasts exotic gardens, beautiful beaches and stunning coastal walks.
- Roscoff – One of the main cross channel ferry ports into Brittany, Roscoff is not just a place you board and disembark from the ferry. A little more time spent and you’ll find a lovely coastal town with some stunning traditional Breton houses, some beautiful views and lovely things to see.
Book La Baie du Kernic
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking La Baie du Kernic is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY