La Cote de Nacre campsite is located in Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer in the Normandy region of France.
La Cote de Nacre
La Cote da Nacre is a stunning 5 star campsite that occupies a fantastic position along the north coast of Normandy.
Standing in grounds amounting to around 10 hectares, La Cote de Nacre is a great campsite that keeps high standards when it comes to facilities and activities with both being modern and well maintained.
Location, location, location is what it’s all about and La Cote de Nacre has a fantastic location near to the sea and also near to lots of things to see and do. If you’re interested in finding out more about WW2 and the D-Day landings then you’ll find everything you could possibly want to see nearby and likewise if you want to see some of the fantastic villages, towns and sights of Normandy.
One of the best things about La Cote de Nacre is it’s close proximity to the cross channel ports. Caen lies a mere 20 minute drive away meaning that you can start enjoying your holiday almost as soon as you step off the ferry and other ports such as Cherbourg and Calais are within easy reach.
If you’re after a beach holiday location then look no further. 500m away from the campsite and you’ll find the lovely beach and promenade at Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer. Long and sandy, the beach is the perfect place for a family day out where kids can play in the sand until it’s time to head back to the campsite.
La Cote de Nacre campsite boasts a wonderful pool complex which is great for all ages and abilities with 5 swimming pools including indoor and outdoor pools along with a variety of slides and chutes and even a lazy river.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Cote de Nacre campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at La Cote de Nacre campsite include bouncy castles, playground, synthetic ice rink, wellness area, tennis, table tennis, badminton, football, basketball, volleyball and cycle hire.
Facilities available at La Cote de Nacre campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of La Cote de Nacre campsite including:
- Festyland – Festyland is a great family theme park that although small still manages to pack in a comprehensive range of different rides, slide and roller coasters with separate rides available to suit a variety of different ages. There are several eateries at Festyland where you can buy a spot of lunch or why not take your own picnic. The best thing about Festyland is the amount of fun you can have with your family so make sure it’s on your itinerary.
- Bayeux – The town of Bayeux is filled with history and its origins date back as far as the 1st century BC but is more commonly known for its links with William the Conqueror and the 11th century including the famous Bayeux Tapestry that depicts the Norman conquest of Britain. Bayeux is also home to the Musee Memorial de la Bataille de Normandie. This wonderful museum provides visitors with an in-depth view into the military events during and following D-Day and the allied invasion of Normandy. The museum boasts a wealth of images, texts, models and presentations along with a variety of weapons, uniforms and heavy equipment used during the war.
- Caen – Caen is a city filled with both history and culture and should be visited if you’re staying in Normandy. Caen boasts a wealth of historical and architectural buildings which were built during the reign of William the Conqueror and who was laid to rest within the city on his death. The city has a chequered past throughout its history with a fair proportion of the city having been destroyed during the Battle of Normandy following the D-Day landings. For those interested in the events leading up to and following the invasion, a trip to the Caen Memorial is a must!
- Pegasus Memorial – Located a short distance from the D-Day landing beaches and 14km to the west of La Cote de Nacre is the Pegasus Memorial. The memorial is dedicated to the British 6th Airborne Division and the men that fought and died during the Battle for Normandy. The memorial helps visitors understand the variety of missions that the men of the airborne division undertook through tours, photographs, weapons and historical objects. If you’re interested in history, wish to find out more about the war or your ancestors, a trip to the memorial should be on the cards.
- WW2 Beaches – The main WW2 landing beaches of Gold, Juno, Sword, Utah and Omaha are all within travelling distance of the campsite and prove to be a quite awe inspiring and thought provoking places to visit. Although now just beaches what happened there should never be forgotten and is remembered by the monuments and museums that can be found nearby.
Book La Cote de Nacre
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY