La Foret campsite is located in Pyla-sur-Mer in the Gironde region of France.
La Foret campsite occupies a rather wonderful and yet unique position within a pine forest at the foot of the amazing Dune du Pilat.
The Dune du Pilat is Europe’s largest sand dune that overlooks the surrounding area and Atlantic Ocean. Steps lead from the campsite to the top of the dunes and the views from the tops are absolutely wonderful.
Covering 12 hectares this large and family friendly campsite offers a wealth of things to see and do both on-site and also nearby. The natural forest surroundings boast a plethora of cycle and hiking trails with keen cyclists being able to travel far and wide to explore the surrounding areas.
Arcachon bay is one of the areas most popular resorts, boasting a vibrant town, pleasant beach and a number of brilliant shops and restaurants. The nearest beach to the campsite however is within walking distance on the other side of the Dune du Pilat.
Long, sandy and sheltered, the beach is the perfect place for a family day out. Swim in the sea, play by the shore and let the kids run up and down the dune to wear themselves out.
Although there’s a fantastic beach right on the doorstep, those who prefer to stay on site will find a lovely family swimming pool on-site that comes with plenty of patio area for sunbathing.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Foret campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at La Foret campsite include table tennis, boules, mini golf, football, tennis, volleyball, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at La Foret campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, take away, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at La Foret campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes, lodges and tents that are available from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of La Foret campsite including:
- Aquapark Biscarrosse – Aquapark is a fun inflatable assault course that is located on the lake at Biscarrosse. Put on a life jacket and take on this fabulous course with its array of slides, jumps and watery fun.
- Bisc Aventure – A brilliant days fun awaits you at Bisc Aventure. Go karts, bungee jumps, tree top adventure courses and much more await you at this fantastic park located just to the south of the campsite.
- Dune du Pilat – Climb the largest sand dune in Europe which is conveniently located at the end of the campsite. Climb to the top and get a birds eye view of the surrounding areas and don’t forget to take your camera.
- Zoo de Bassin D’Arcachon – Within a stones throw of the campsite you can take a look at some really fascinating animals in this 22 hectare zoo. White tigers, white wolves and white lions are just some of the amazing animals that call the zoo home.
- Lac Sanguinet – The lake is fairly close to the campsite and offers a variety of water sports from its shores along with some fantastic beaches and fishing opportunities.
Book La Foret
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking La Foret is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY