La Grand Terre campsite is located in Ruoms in the Ardeche region of France.
La Grand Terre
La Grand Terre is a pleasant 6 hectare family friendly campsite, that lies along the banks of the Ardeche River.
Lying in an area of outstanding beauty, La Grand Terre is a lovely picturesque campsite which is ideal for all types of campers. If you want somewhere to relax, a base to explore or somewhere with lots of activities you’re sure to have a fantastic time here.
The campsite is surrounded by fields and trees, with camping pitches being available in both the sun and the shade, not these pitches the trees will provide a welcome relief from the beautiful summer sun.
One of the best things about La Grand Terre is that it has direct access to the wonderful Ardeche River. The sandy beach and river bank offers the perfect place to sit and relax while the water gives you plenty of opportunity to fish, build dams, swim, play and have fun. The campsite has also joined forces with a local company to offer canoe and kayak trips along the river from the campsites beach.
At the heart of La Grand Terre campsite lies its swimming pool complex. Boasting a large heated pool and separate toddlers pool, kids will have a great deal of fun splashing around whilst sun worshipers can relax on one of the many sun beds that surround the pools.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Grand Terre is a great family friendly campsite and as such boasts a comprehensive range of on site activities and facilities.
On site activities at La Grand Terre include multi sports field, table tennis, tennis, boules, canoeing, kayaking and fishing.
Facilities available at La Grand Terre include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, tv room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at La Grand Terre campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of La Grand Terre campsite including:
- Ruoms – Located around 3km from the campsite is the pleasant medieval town of Ruoms. Well worth exploring the town boasts lots of historic streets and buildings and has a variety of lovely shops and restaurants to explore.
- Pont d’Arc – The Port d’Arc is one of the most popular sightseeing spots in the Ardeche. This fantastic bridge spans the river and is probably one of the most photographed sites in France. The best way to check out this wonderful site is by kayaking or canoeing along the river.
- Pont du Gard – Port du Gard is a stunning three tiered arched Roman aqueduct which stands nearly 49m high. The aqueduct is amazing and there’s also a museum and visitor centre on site providing a wealth of information.
- Aqua Ardeche – One of the largest water parks in France, Aqua Ardeche boasts a number of different water slides and water chutes that offers children and adults a great deal of fun and excitement.
- Aubenas – Aubenas is a beautiful city that’s filled with history, culture and art. Best things to see include the Chateau d’Aubenas, and the cities 17th Century cathedral.
Book La Grand Terre
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking La Grand Terre is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Suncamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY