La Pointe St Gilles campsite is located in Benodet in the Brittany region of France.
La Pointe St Gilles
La Pointe St Gilles is a wonderful campsite which has a lot to offer all types of visitors, from families to couples.
This brilliant 5 star campsite offers pretty much everything you could want whilst on a camping holiday in France. La Pointe St Gilles is a lively park with lots of activities whilst still having enough space and being in a great location where you can really unwind and relax should you feel the need.
The grounds of the campsite are well landscaped with lots of trees, hedges and flowers to not only provide shade from the sun but also to create privacy around your pitch.
If you’re looking for a taste of the seaside then La Pointe St Gilles is for you. Benodet is just along the coast and is a resort that’s made for those who love the seaside. The beach there is stunning, highly popular and is backed by a lovely coastal promenade that’s lined with restaurants and cafes.
One of the best things about La Pointe St Gilles is that it has direct access to a lovely sandy beach which is perfect for relaxing and having fun. Plenty of sand, space and areas for rock pooling means that you have a great place to take the family right on your doorstep. A little further along the coast in either direction and you’ll find plenty of other beaches to explore should you fancy trying somewhere else for a change.
At the heart of La Pointe St Gilles campsite is its wonderful swimming pool complex. Boasting a jacuzzi, sauna, spa, 5 swimming pools including both indoor and outside pools, 4 superb water slides and plenty of sun terrace to sunbathe, you’ll find that Pointe St Gilles really is a great place for a family camping holiday.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Pointe St Gilles campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at La Pointe St Gilles campsite include tennis, table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, boules, gym, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at La Pointe St Gilles campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of La Pointe St Gilles campsite including:
- Concarneau – Concarneau is made up of two distinct parts, the medieval section of the city is surrounded by walls of stone called the “Ville Close”, whilst the newer area is filled with shops, galleries, restaurants and cafes. Concarneau attracts many visitors every year and the medieval city is one of the most photographed places in western Brittany.
- Qumiper – Quimper is the nearest major city to La Pointe St Gilles located 19km to the north. The city was founded in Roman times and is located on the junction of three rivers. Filled with history, Quimper boasts a great number of traditional Breton half timber houses and the cathedral and Church of Locmaria which dates back to 11th century are well worth a visit. If you’re looking for a place to go shopping, Quimper won’t disappoint. There are a great number of shops to visit with a variety of cafes and restaurants to relax in when your day is done.
- Benodet – Benodet can be found less than 2km along the coast and is the perfect place for a family day out. Located on the mouth of the river Odet, Benodet is a very popular and fashionable seaside resort with plenty of beautiful sandy beaches to explore. The resorts main beach has a great number of facilities on offer including water sports equipment hire but the main draw is its soft, golden sand. If you have a little time to spare we highly recommend a cruise down the river Odet or a trip to the Pyramid Lighthouse which was built in 1872, both are well worth a visit!
- Aquashow – Aquashow offers a rather unique experience with both an aquarium and a bird show. Approximately 160 different species of sea creatures including sharks, octopus and shellfish live within the 50 tanks that make up the aquarium and there are even touch pools where you can get up close and personal. The bird show features a variety of birds of prey and others that live by and on the sea but the most impressive part of the show is to watch the birds fly close overhead and seeing them at their best.
- Locronan – Locronan is a popular tourist destination and has been recognised as one of the most beautiful villages in Brittany. Located around 36km north of La Pointe St Gilles, Locronan is a place that you should visit if you have the time. The town boasts some wonderful architecture with many pretty stone and granite houses along with the 15th century, Eglise St Ronan church. To compliment the history and culture of Locronan, the town also boasts a range of art galleries and shops to keep you busy.
Book La Pointe St Gilles
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking La Pointe St Gille is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.Book your holiday