La Vallee campsite is located in Houlgate in the Normandy region of France.
La Vallee is a highly popular and stunning wooded campsite that lies within 11 hectares of grounds on the outskirts of the popular resort of Houlgate.
This pretty yet peaceful campsite occupies a wonderful rural setting and the park is scattered with colourful flower, trees and shrubs to provide privacy and a lovely relaxing feeling to your stay. Many of the facilities at the campsite are houses in old converted buildings which also adds a lovely ambiance.
La Vallee’s close proximity to the English Channel means that it’s within easy commuting distance from the various ferry ports including Caen, which can be found a mere 35km away. This incredibly short travel time, from leaving the ferry means that La Vallee is extremely popular with those looking for either a short stop over or a longer family holiday.
A holiday at La Vallee campsite not only offers you plenty of fantastic things to do on-site but you’re also in an excellent location from which you can explore Normandy and all it has to offer. Pleasant old Norman towns, villages and seaside resorts along with a plethora of WW2 monuments, museums and sites are all easily accessible.
The nearest beach to La Valle is at Houlgate which is less than 1km away. The beach is lovely and sandy and offers the perfect place for families to enjoy a day at the seaside.
Back on site at La Vallee you’ll find a really good swimming pool complex including both indoor and outdoor swimming pools which cater for all ages. The complex also offers visitors a range of slides and a jacuzzi to ensure the whole family are kept happy.
Campsite activities and facilities
La Vallee campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at La Vallee campsite include tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, archery, boules, pony rides, climbing wall, scuba diving, a playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at La Vallee campsite include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of La Vallee campsite including:
- Houlgate – Houlgate is the nearest town to La Vallee campsite at only 1km away. The town is a wonderful seaside resort and is highly popular with those looking for a lovely sandy beach to enjoy and there are also a variety of water sports and other activities available on the beach. Houlgate lies nestled between two cliffs and the town has some interesting historical buildings including the grand hotel and a range of original villas which line the beach.
- Musee de la Batterie de Merville – Musee de la Batterie de Merville is well worth visiting if you or your children are interested in World War 2. The Battery is located between Ouistreham and Cabourg and covers several hectares. Completely preserved, the Merville Battery was a high priority target for the allied forces and was conquered by the 9th British Parachute Battalion. Visitors to Merville Battery will experience all the smells and sounds of battle as they take a tour around the bunker complex. Also on show is one of the Dakota aircraft which took part in the landings 70 years ago.
- Cerza Zoo – Cerza Zoo is one of the best zoo’s in northern France, and is set in around 60 hectares of woods and parkland and boasts over 1000 animals across 120 different species. There are separate parts of the zoo all featuring different types of animals from around the globe including birds, alligators, turtles, lions, zebras, rhinos, giraffes, parrots, monkeys, bears, wolves, kangaroos, tigers and many many more. There is even a mini farm where children can get close to ponies, sheep, chickens and other farmyard favourites.
- WW2 sites and Museums – The region of Normandy has some of the most interesting and thought provoking World War 2 sites, museums and cemeteries in the whole of Europe. La Vallee is in an ideal place to see many of these important sites such as the D-Day landing beaches, the Pegasus Memorial and many more.
- Caen – Caen is a city filled with both history and culture and should be visited if you’re staying in Normandy. Caen boasts a wealth of historical and architectural buildings which were built during the reign of William the Conqueror and who was laid to rest within the city on his death. The city has a chequered past throughout its history with a fair proportion of the city having been destroyed during the Battle of Normandy following the D-Day landings.
Book La Vallee
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY