Le Chatelet campsite is located in Saint-Cast-le-Guildo in the Brittany region of France.
Le Chatelet campsite lies in a stunning position along an area known as the Emerald Coast which is located in the Cotes d’Armor department of Brittany.
Set amongst heathland within 9 hectares of grounds, this small yet beautiful campsite offers some of the most breathtaking sea views that the region of Brittany has to offer. Pitches on the campsite are varied with some looking out across the beautiful Fresnaye bay towards the stunning Fort La Latte.
The northern coastline of Brittany comprises of many impressive coves, harbours, fishing villages, bays and towns and as such there is plenty for everyone to explore and enjoy. Saint Malo is a short distance to the east as is Dinard where you’ll find a vast array of things to see and do. There are also other fantastic sights along the Emerald coast to explore should you find the time.
One of the best things about Le Chatelet campsite, apart from the sea views is its close proximity to two fantastic beaches Fresnaye and Pissotte. Both are lovely and sandy and offer families the ideal place to relax and have fun.
Although there are two beaches right on your doorstep there are many more small pleasant bays nearby and a larger beach at the nearby Saint-Cast-le-Guildo which is only 1500m from the campsite.
With such a great range of beaches near by you may not want to use the campsites swimming pool however if you do fancy taking a dip then you’ll find a lovely heated family swimming pool with retractable roof, children’s pool, sun loungers and patio area for sunbathing.
Campsite activities and facilities
Le Chatelet campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Le Chatelet campsite include a playground, boules, table tennis, football pitch, outside gym, cycle hire and aqua aerobics.
Facilities available at Le Chatelet campsite include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, bar, grocery shop, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Le Chatelet campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes and tents that are available from Suncamp. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Le Chatelet campsite.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Le Chatelet campsite including:
- Erquy – Erquy is a very picturesque port which benefits from terrific views, beaches and surrounding landscapes. The port is famous for, its scallop fishermen who harvest them from St Brieuc bay and the Cap d’Erquy headland which sits above the port and its pink coloured limestone cliffs and rocks.
- Fort La Latte – A stunning castle built high on the cliffs overlook the sea, Fort La Latter was originally built in the 13th Century and then renovated and altered during the following centuries into what you see today. A stunning castle with spectacular views, Fort La Latte was used during the filming of the Vikings film and is well worth a visit.
- Dinan – Dinan is highly popular with tourists and it’s not surprising why. This beautiful town is one of the most photographed in the area with plenty of picturesque buildings and views available. Located on the side of a hill, the old town boast a range of historical buildings, ramparts and a 13th century chateau. A visit is thoroughly recommended.
- Saint-Cast Nautical Centre – If you love water sports then you’ll love the nearby water sports centre at Saint-Cast-le-Guildo. Separated into two parts one focuses on yachting and sailing whilst the second on dinghy and surfing. Lots of courses are available but make sure you book beforehand.
- Saint-Cast Adventure – If you’re looking for a quality tree top adventure course then head on over to Saint-Cast where you’ll find a really good set of courses. 11 different trails with a multitude of obstacles will have you swinging, jumping and climbing around in the trees like a monkey!
Book Le Chatelet
Book your camping holiday in France at Le Chatelet, choosing one of the following options: