Le Grand Large campsite is located in Fouesnant in the Brittany region of France.
Le Grand Large
Le Grand Large is a beautiful campsite that lies within 6 hectares of beautifully landscaped grounds that are filled with luscious green trees, shrubs and plants near to the Finistere coastline.
The campsite occupies a truly wonderful location on the Pointe du Mousterlin and the views from the campsite are absolutely stunning with the Bay of Biscay and Atlantic Ocean stretching out as far as the eye can see.
Those looking to explore the local area will love the vast amount of footpaths which lead off from the campsite including the GR34 coastal footpath which is a pleasure to walk. You’ll also find that Benodet and Beg Meil are worth taking some time to explore and with the beautiful town of Concarneau being just 30 minutes drive away you’re sure to find something you love.
The nearest beach to Le Grand Large campsite is just a stones throw away from the campsite entrance at 50m away. Soft golden sand stretches out nearly all the way to Beg Meil on one side of the headland and on the other all the way to Benodet, when the tide is low. The nearby beaches give visitors to Le Grand Large plenty of opportunities to relax in the sun, play in the sand or have fun splashing around in the water. To compliment the fine beach there are of course plenty of water sports on offer locally including diving, fishing, surfing and sailing.
Now you’d have thought that with the beaches so close, the campsite my have scrimped and saved on the pool complex but believe us when we tell you that you would be wrong. Right at the heart of the campsite is its stunning swimming pool complex which features a heated outdoor pool, a heated covered pool, a heated paddling pool for smaller children with a slide, a selection of other water slides and chutes and finally a brilliant space bowl slide.
Campsite activities and facilities
Le Grand Large campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Le Grand Large campsite include a playground, boules, table tennis, multi sports ground, football, volleyball, basketball, tennis court, bouncy castle and mini golf.
Facilities available at Le Grand Large campsite include WIFI, takeaway, bar, groceries, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Le Grand Large campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Le Grand Large campsite including:
- Quimper – Quimper is a beautiful Breton town that was once the capital of the Finistere department of Brittany. A trip to this part of Brittany isn’t complete without visiting Quimper. The town boasts a fantastic array of Breton architecture, history and culture with lots to see and do.
- Benodet – Benodet is one of the best seaside resorts in the area and although there are plenty of beaches all along this part of the coast, you really should make a point of visiting Benodet if you have the time.
- Adrenature – Adrenature is a great treetop adventure park that’s located within some woodland to the east of the campsite. There are in total 9 different courses high in the trees which are suitable for a variety of ages and abilities. Rope bridges, zip lines, swings and other obstacles will ensure you have a great deal of fun.
- Concarneau – Concarneau is a wonderful and highly popular port. Made up of 2 distinct parts being the new town and the old walled medieval town, the new part boasts some great shops whilst the old part dates back to the 14th Century. Stunning historic buildings, pleasant shops and fantastic restaurants await you here.
- Odet Loisirs – Odet Loisirs is a fun filled day out for families with younger children with loads of fun things to do both indoors and outside. Pedalos, trampolines, water slides, bouncy castles, inflatables and much more to ensure they not only enjoy themselves but are also exhausted after a long day playing.
Book Le Grand Large
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY