Le Pontet Campsite is located in Saint-Astier in the Dordogne region of France near to Perigueux.
Le Pontet Campsite
Le Pontet Campsite is a beuatiful 5 hectare campsite that lies within a woodland along the banks of the River Isle.
If you’re looking for a quintessential French campsite in a fantastic setting which offers peace and quiet whilst being in a great location for exploring, then you’ve come to the right place.
The campsite is really family friendly with plenty of things to see and do nearby. Just 500m from the Le Pontent campsite lies the pretty village of Saint-Astier. Filled with history, the village centres around the church with lots of traditional half timber houses being located nearby. Also in the village you’ll find a variety of supermarkets, shops and restaurants providing everything that you might need during your stay.
Cycling and walking are very popular in the area and are a great way to see the river at its best with a path leading along the river bank. Views from the path are fantastic and allow you to get a little exercise whilst seeing this lovely part of the area.
The river Isle is fantastic, not only providing a beautiful location for Le Pontet Campsite but also in providing a brilliant range of activities. Children love to not only swim in the river but to also build dams and splash around, adults and children love to fish and you can also canoe on it.
If you’re looking for a large campsite with a huge swimming pool then Le Pontet Campsite won’t be for you however this is a really great campsite for a peaceful family holiday. There’s a lovely little swimming pool and toddlers pool on site with ample sunbathing space but the river is what really makes the swimming facilities here.
Campsite activities and facilities
Although Le Pontet Campsite campsite isn’t the largest of campsites there is still a good range of activities and facilities on site.
On site activities at Le Pontet Campsite include fishing, boules, mini golf, beach volleyball, cycle hire and a playground.
Facilities available at Le Pontet Campsite include WIFI, snack bar, restaurant, pizzeria, takeaway, bar, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Le Pontet Campsite includes a range 2 and 3 mobile homes that are available from Eurocamp.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Le Pontet Campsite including:
- Perigueux – Located a short distance away on the banks of the river Isle is Perigueux. Here you’ll find a variety of lovely historical buildings, plenty of museums and lots of things to see and do.
- L’Aquarium du Perigord Nord – A great day out for all the family, the aquarium features a variety of fish from around the world with the opportunity to see them being fed and touch them in the open touch pool.
- Bergerac – Bergerac is an historic town which is filled with all sorts of interesting buildings, museums and places to see. At the old cloister you can find out more about wine production and the areas history which is particularly interesting.
- Lascaux Caves – Discover cave paintings and artefacts from prehistoric man which were found within the Lascaux cave systems. A fascinating day out which history buffs will love.
- Maison de Reignac – A stunning fortress carved into the rock face with a torture room to die for! Make sure you have a strong stomach as some of the torture methods were truly barbaric.
Book Le Pontet Campsite
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Le Pontet Campsite is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY