Le Ranolien campsite is located in Perros-Guirec in the Brittany region of France.
Le Ranolien is a stunning 5 star campsite that lies within an area of outstanding natural beauty in the Cotes d’Armor department of Brittany, within walking distance of the beautiful, yet dramatic north coast.
The campsite is part of the Yelloh Village group of campsites and as you’d expect from such a popular chain, boasts a brilliant range of activities and facilities both on-site and also nearby.
One of the best things about Le Ranolien is its location. Views from the campsite are lovely and the grounds are beautifully landscaped and well maintained whilst the unspoilt beauty of the Cote de Granit Rose is a walkers and nature lovers paradise. The nearby coastal footpath allows you to really get out and explore the beauty of this part of Brittany.
Visitors to Le Ranolien will be happy to know that there are two wonderful sandy beaches within a stones throw of the campsite. The first of the beaches, although small is a mere 10 minute walk away. The second beach is slightly further away at 20 minutes by car, but is at the wonderful town of Perros-Guirec which has plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants to explore. Both beaches are equally pleasing for a day out with lots of fun to be had. Search the rock pools for a variety of sea creatures or build sandcastles, the choice is yours!
The swimming pool complex at Le Ranolien campsite is what sets it far ahead of other campsites in the area. Just perfect for family holidays the campsite boasts an amazing 6 swimming pools, both indoor and outside of varying sizes, a number of great slides and plenty of sun terrace for sunbathing and relaxing.
Campsite activities and facilities
Le Ranolien campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Le Ranolien campsite include table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, gym, boules, wellness area, mini golf, playground, scuba diving and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Le Ranolien campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, pizzeria, creperie, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Le Ranolien campsite including:
- Aquarium Marin de Tregastel – Although it’s not the largest aquarium in the world Aquarium Marin de Tregastel certainly is quite unique. Nestled amongst the pink granite rocks the aquarium has three separate areas being; the sea spray zone, tidal zone and sublittoral zone. Each zone is unique in it’s own way, the most popular with young children being the sea spray zone where they can get up close and personal with many of the sea creatures.
- Perros-Guirec – Perros-Guirec is a popular seaside resort which lies around 4km along the coast. There are plenty of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants at Perros-Guirec however it’s most visited for its great beaches. Located along the Cote de Granite Rose (Pink Granite Coast) there are plenty of good quality beaches to explore and the distinctive pink coloured rocks provide the perfect backdrop for many a photo.
- Lannion – Lannion is a typical Breton town which has its fair share of quaint streets filled with history and charm. Its streets boast some very impressive Breton houses with the best being located in Place de General Leclerc. The half timber medieval houses are well worth visiting as is the wonderful Brelevenez Church which was built in the 12th century and is accessed by climbing up one hundred and forty two steps. Although it’s a long way up the views are well worth it!
- Le Village Gaulois – A whole host of games, activities and challenges await you at Le Village Gaulois. The site is run by an aid organisation who raise money for projects in Africa. If you’re looking for massive roller coasters and rides then Le Village Gaulois is not for you however if you want to spend some quality time having fun then give it a go! It’s cheap entry fee makes it well worth the money with plenty of activities to keep the whole family happy.
- Planetarium de Bretagne – Planetarium de Bretagne lies approximately 10km to the south west of the campsite. The planetariums hemisphere shaped auditorium is spectacular and one of the largest in Europe providing a 360 degree, high definition projection of the stars. There are a variety of shows for children and also in English however it’s best to check before attending.
Book Le Ranolien
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Le Ranolien is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY