Les Mouettes campsite is located in Carantec in the Brittany region of France.
Les Mouettes is a stunning 5 star campsite that lies within 14 hectares of well managed grounds alongside Morlaix Bay.
Part of the Yellow Village group of campsites means that this magnificent campsite offers everything that you could possibly want whilst on a family camping holiday with lots of great facilities and activities both on-site and nearby.
Les Mouettes is the perfect campsite for those not wanting to travel too far when they arrive in France. Located a stones throw from the cross channel ferry port of Roscoff, visitors will very quickly arrive at their destination once they disembark. The town of Carantec is a short walk or drive away and provides you with a range of shops and restaurants which will supply you with all you require whilst on holiday.
If you’re looking for a great beach then you won’t have to look too far. There’s a small beach right outside the campsite entrance which is nice for a walk or for kids to collect shells and stone but the best beach is just 2.5km away and can be reaches easily by foot or bicycle. Here you’ll find a lovely sandy beach with lots of space and great views.
At the heart of this fantastic campsite is a swimming pool complex unlike anything else in this part of France. There’s a lovely heated indoor pool, several outdoor pools, a lazy river, children aqua splash area and some excellent slides that will keep all members of the family happy.
Campsite activities and facilities
Les Mouettes campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Les Mouettes campsite include tennis, table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, boules, mini golf, horse riding, pony rides, playground and cycle hire.
Facilities available at Les Mouettes campsite include WIFI, restaurant, snack bar, pizzeria, takeaway, bar, groceries, games room, tv room, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Les Mouettes campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes and tents that are available from Eurocamp, Suncamp and Brittany Ferries. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Les Mouettes.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Les Mouettes campsite including:
- Carantec – Les Mouettes campsite is located on the edge of Carantec which is a great family resort. Carantec’s main draw is its lovely beach, Plage du Kelenn which lies a mere 1.5km walk away and provides a wonderful family day out at the seaside. The town is also very pleasant and boasts a variety of different shops and restaurants to enable you to have an evening meal outside of the campsite without the need to drive.
- Morlaix – Once a thriving centre of trade, Morlaix was once one of the biggest ports in Brittany and as such there are many buildings of interest that date back to medieval times. The myriad of pretty cobbled streets and buildings will leave you wanting to find out more about the areas history and for those after a bit of Breton culture, a trip to the weekly market on Saturday is well worth the visit.
- Ile de Batz – Located 15 minutes by boat from nearby Roscoff the island is a hidden gem which is often overlooked. Exotic gardens, pleasant sandy beaches and wonderful walks await visitors. A visit to the Ile de Batz is not complete without a trip to the islands lighthouse. For a small fee visitors can journey up the 198 steps to the top of the lighthouse where beautiful panoramic views and photo opportunities await you.
- Chateau de Taureau – Guarding the entrance to the bay or Morlaix, the Chateau was built originally in the 16th century to protect Morlaix from attack and is reached by a short boat trip from Carantec. Visits to the chateau include a 1 hour tour of the variety of bunkers, the fortress, passageways and drawbridge.
- Cairn de Barnenez – The Barnenez Cairn is thought to be the largest megalithic burial site in Europe and dates back to 4850 BC. Although the Cairn itself is not accessible to visitors the site does benefit from a visitors centre which has a variety of artefacts and a large model displaying the various parts of the monument.
- Ecopark Adventures – Located 12km to the south of Les Mouettes the adventurous amongst you will find Ecopark Adventures centre. Explore the forest from a new and exciting angle, high above the floor. There are a variety of courses available ranging from 3-5 metres above the ground to high up in the canopies providing a range of climbing, traversing and sliding activities. Not for the fainthearted, the course boasts the longest zip wire in Brittany!
Book Les Mouettes
Book your camping holiday in France at Les Mouettes, choosing one of the following options: