Village les Vikings campsite is located in Saint-Jean-de-la-Riviere in the Manche department of Normandy near to Barneville-Carteret.
Village les Vikings
Village les Vikings is a great family friendly campsite that’s set within 6 hectares of grounds and occupies a fantastic location a stones throw from the beautiful sandy beaches of the Cotentin Peninsula.
The campsite is ideal for those who don’t wish to travel too far from their arrival port when they land in France. Cherbourg is a mere 41km away to the northeast and caters for those holidaymakers who wish to travel to France from Portsmouth, Rosslare or Dublin.
Village les Vikings campsite is just on the outskirts of Barneville-Carteret which is a lovely place to visit. This great little seaside resort not only boasts a beautiful beach but also has plenty of pleasant restaurants, shops and things to see and do. You’ll also find that there is a ferry service operating between Barneville-Carteret and the Channel Islands which makes for a perfect day out.
Those looking to explore the nearby area should make the most of it. There are many lovely quaint villages, seaside resorts and towns to check out not to mention all of the thought provoking WW2 sites that are within a short distance.
Approximately 400m away from the campsite you’ll discover a large, sandy, family friendly beach which stretches out as far as the eye can see and also benefits from views over towards the Channel Islands. If you enjoy a day at the beach and love to have fun swimming, sunbathing and playing games, this great beach is definitely worth a visit.
The swimming pool complex at Village les Vikings is perfect for families with an indoor and outdoor heated pool, a balneotherapy area, water slides and a sun terrace for sunbathing.
Campsite activities and facilities
Village les Vikings campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Village les Vikings campsite include a gym, trampoline, bouncy castle, playground, multi sports field, football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, table tennis, cycle hire and boules.
Facilities available at Village les Vikings campsite include WIFI, snack bar, takeaway, bar, grocery shop, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Village les Vikings campsite includes 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Suncamp. You can also book camping pitches for your own tent, mobile home or caravan at Village les Vikings.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Village les Vikings campsite including:
- Channel Islands – The Channel Islands are a great place to visit whilst staying in Normandy. There are regular ferries from Granville and Barneville-Carteret and it’s well worthwhile visiting the islands if you get the chance.
- Mont Saint Michel – One of the most visited attractions in France, Mont Saint Michel should definitely be visited if you haven’t been before. The climb to the top is quite arduous so make sure you leave plenty of time and don’t forget your picnic.
- Cherbourg – Cherbourg is not just a port. There are a number historic places to visit and for those looking to unwind, there are a large number of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars to experience.
- Avranches – Avranches is the home to the skull of the famous Saint Aubert who is said to be the founder of Mont Saint Michel. This lovely town is steeped in local history, cuisine and culture.
- WW2 Sites – There are so many different WW2 sites of interest we cant list them all. Try the Normandy beaches of Omaha, Utah, Sword, Gold and Juno for starters and then maybe look at some of the great museums including the one at Bayeux.
Book Village les Vikings
Book your camping holiday in France at Village les Vikings, choosing one of the following options: