Camping Aurilandes campsite is located in Aureilhan in the Gascony region of France.
Camping Aurilandes is a lovely 3 star campsite that sits within 8 hectares of wooded grounds, within the lush green countryside of the Landes.
Lying alongside the beautiful Etang Aureilhan the campsite boasts peace and relaxation whilst still providing a great range of activities should you feel the need to be a little more active.
This family friendly campsite is ideally located to take advantage of all of the nearby places you may wish to visit or things you may wish to do. There’s a horse riding school just down the road, whilst the lake provides an unspoilt natural environment in which you can take part in a variety of activities.
The paths, tracks and roads around the lake are ideal for those wanting to get out on foot or bicycle with plenty of nature to indulge in. The calm waters of the lake also provide a great variety of water activities, from fishing and swimming to canoeing, kayaking and sailing.
Although there’s a fantastic lakeside beach not too far away from Camping Aurilandes you can’t visit the Gascony region of France without heading over to the Atlantic coast. Luckily just 10km away you’ll find a massive stretch of coastline with an equally large stretch of beach running alongside it which is just perfect for a family day out at the seaside.
If you’d rather stay at the campsite and make use of the on-site swimming facilities then you’ll be pleased to know that Camping Aurilandes has a very pleasant pool complex. A large family swimming pool, children’s pool, slide and sun terrace ensures that you’ll have everything you need to have a great family holiday.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Aurilandes campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping Aurilandes campsite include a multi sports pitch, football, volleyball, basketball, gym, table tennis, fishing, cycle hire, boules and a playground area.
Facilities available at Camping Aurilandes campsite include WIFI, takeaway, bar, groceries, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Aurilandes campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes and tents that are available from Canvas Holidays.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Aurilandes campsite including:
- Mimizan – The nearest town to the campsite, Mimizan, was once a busy port until the sand dunes prevented access to it. Now an inland town, Mimizan has everything you could need whilst on holiday. A hypermarket, shops, a weekly market and lovely church that dates back to the 11th century.
- La Coccinelle – La Coccinelle is an ideal attraction for those with younger children. Home to a variety of different farmyard type animals which can be fed and petted, you’ll also find some trampolines and small rides to help your kids sleep at night!
- Etang Aureilhan – The campsite overlooks, and has direct access to, the lovely lake Aureilhan. Covering around 332 hectares, the lake is perfect for a variety of activities. Cycling and walking are popular around the lake where you can get some wonderful views whilst, swimming, canoeing, kayaking, sailing and other water sports are highly popular on the lake itself.
- Mimizan Plage – A popular beach resort Mimizan Plage has a large sandy expanse of beach that’s perfect for relaxing, playing and of course surfing. If you’re looking for a lovely beach then head here.
- Learn to Surf – The Atlantic coast of France is massively popular with surfers and as such you’ll find a great variety of specialist surf schools which will help you to learn to surf. Lessons can be booked for a variety of ages and abilities in small groups, singularly or in large groups the choice is yours.
Book Camping Aurilandes
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Canvas Holidays.BOOK YOUR CAMPING HOLIDAY