Camping Le Val d’Ussel campsite is located in Proissans in the Dordogne region of France.
Camping Le Val d’Ussel
Camping Le Val d’Ussel lies in 7 hectares of wooded parkland in Proissans in the heart of the Perigord-Noir area of the Dordogne, a short distance from the stunning medieval town of Sarlat-la-Caneda.
This fantastic campsite is a firm favourite with families of all ages offering plenty of space to relax and enjoy a peaceful holiday or to take part in some of the fantastic sports and fun events that are on offer. Camping Le Val d’Ussel is also a brilliant campsite to use as a base from which you can get out and discover all the sights and wonders of the Dordogne.
Although Proissans is the nearest village and is very pleasant Sarlat tends to be the place that most people head to. Being the capital of the area means that there are a number of shops, restaurants, bars and other facilities available. The town also boasts a great deal of history with buildings dating back to medieval times and some very impressive markets.
The swimming pool area at Camping Le Val d’Ussel is located at the heart of the campsite, overlooking the fishing lakes. Boasting waterfalls, heated and unheated pools, a children’s pool and an inflatable pool, the swimming pool area is fantastic, offering a great place to relax and have fun. There’s also an area for sunbathing with a number of sun beds available for those who prefer to soak up the wonderful summer sun.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Le Val d’Ussel campsite isn’t one of the largest of campsites in the area but it still offers a fantastic range of on site activities and facilities.
On site activities at Camping Le Val d’Ussel campsite include tennis, football, multi sports area, boules mini golf, fishing, cycle hire, sports tournaments, playground and a trampoline.
Facilities available at Camping Le Val d’Ussel campsite include WIFI, restaurant, takeaway, cafe, bar, animation team, tv room , games room, washers and dryers.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Le Val d’Ussel campsites including:
- Chateau de Beynac – At Beynac-et-Cazenac you’ll find the Chateau de Beynac. A wonderful feudal castle which sits high above the Dordogne river. There’s plenty to see both inside and outside the castle with brilliant views of the surrounding area.
- Sarlat – Check out the wonderful medieval buildings in Sarlat which make it one of the most visited and also photographed towns in the Dordogne. There are also some great shops and markets here.
- Chateau Castelnaud – One of the most popular castles in the area, Chateau Castelnaud is another fantastic castle which offers a variety of displays and artefacts of war dating back through the centuries.
- La Roque-Gageac – Located just 22km away from the campsite, La Roque-Gageac not only provides plenty of canoeing opportunities but also boasts some wonderful cave systems high in the rock face.
- Maison de Reignac – A stunning fortress built into the rock face, Maison de Reignac is not for the fainthearted. The dungeon and torture are features a whole range of gruesome artefacts and methods that were used throughout history to obtain information.
Book Camping Le Val d’Ussel
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping Le Val d’Ussel is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Eurocamp.BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY