Camping Oyam campsite is located in Bidart in the Gascony region of France.
Camping Oyam is a modern, stylish and friendly 4 star campsite that occupies a fantastic position on the outskirts of Bidart but within close proximity to the wonderful Atlantic coast and the beaches that line the shore.
The lovely landscaping and modern facilities really give you a sense of luxury whilst still promoting a friendly atmosphere. There are lots of activities available both on site and nearby and the campsite has also teamed up with a surf school in nearby Biarritz to offer discounted courses.
Bidart is a lovely seaside resort that’s considerably less busy than its neighbour Biarritz. Both are fantastic places to visit with everything you could possibly want whilst on holiday, from shops, to bars and restaurants that sell locally made produce.
The closest beach to Camping Oyam is at Bidart around 1km away. Easily reached by foot, bicycle or car the beach is quite large and offers plenty of space to relax or play games and surfing and bodyboarding are also quite popular in the area.
Camping Oyam not only benefits from having a fantastic beach nearby but also boasts a really nice swimming pool complex which offers a heated family pool, heated children’s pool, water slides and a fantastic spray park for kids.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Oyam campsite offers a comprehensive selection of activities and facilities on site and also nearby to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
On-site activities at Camping Oyam campsite include a multi sports pitch, football, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, boules and a playground area.
Facilities available at Camping Oyam campsite include WIFI, takeaway, restaurant, bar, groceries, animation team, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Oyam campsite includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Oyam campsite including:
- Bidart – The local town not only has everything that you could possibly require whilst on holiday but also is very pretty with a great number of white washed buildings, fantastic beaches and rocky coves and inlets.
- Biarritz – One of the most popular and stylish seaside resorts on the south western coast of France, Biarritz, once a fishing village is filled with fashionable bars, restaurants and shops along with a superb beach that’s perfect for a family day out. There’s also a fantastic aquarium at Biarritz which is great for children.
- Spain – The Spanish border lies just 40km to the south so whilst on holiday in this fabulous part of southwest France you’d be silly not to take a trip across the border to see the stunning seaside resort of San Sebastian in all it’s glory.
- Bid’a Parc – A great play park for smaller children Bid’a Parc covers an area of 8000m2 and has a number of different activities including water games, inflatables, zip line, trampolines, play areas and farm animals.
- St Jean de Luz – A lovely harbour to visit a little way to the south of the campsite, St Jean de Luz has some breathtaking views over the sea and a very pleasant town. When visiting, make sure you take a trip to Fort Socoa that overlooks and protects the bay.
Book Camping Oyam
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping Oyam is quick and easy with Go Camp France!