Camping Tropicana campsite is located in Saint-Jean-de-Monts in the Vendee region of France.
Camping Tropicana is a brilliant 4 star family friendly campsite that lies within 7 hectares of beautifully landscaped grounds, within a pine forest.
Many of the buildings are painted in warm colours and the plants and foliage have been planted in such a way as to make you feel like you’re in a tropical paradise. There’s also plenty of shaded ares to help you escape the sun when you need a break.
The campsite is perfectly located just 800m from the nearby beach, Plage les Mouettes. Stretching out for miles in each direction the beach is covered in soft golden sand and is that large that it never feels over crowded. There are lifeguards at the beach during high season and the sand slopes gently into the water meaning that it’s slightly safer for families. At the rear of the beach is a car park, so if you don’t fancy walking to the beach you can drive.
If you’re more of a pool person then you won’t be disappointed by what you find at Camping Tropicana. On site you’ll find both indoor and outdoor swimming pools which are heated to at least 26 degree, 4 water slides, a toddler pool and a wellness area.
Campsite activities and facilities
Camping Tropicana boasts a great range of activities and facilities on site to ensure you have a fantastic family holiday.
The on site activities at Camping Tropicana include a multi sports field, tennis court, playground, trampoline, table tennis, swimming lessons, fitness area, cycle hire and steam room.
Facilities available at Camping Tropicana include WIFI, snack bar, take away, bar, bread service, animation team, games room, washers and dryers.
Accommodation at Camping Tropicana includes a range of 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes that are available from Brittany Ferries.
Things to see and do
There are plenty of things to see and do, and places to visit, within a short distance of Camping Tropicana including:
- La Route du Sel – At Sallertaine you can follow the ancient salt routes through the marshes in a canoe. This is a really interesting and different way to explore this interesting part of local history.
- Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie – A great seaside resort located near to the campsite which has beautiful beaches and is great for a spot of sightseeing. This popular yet small town makes for a brilliant day out.
- Feeling Forest – The Feeling Forest is a brilliant adventure park which a variety of attractions including a high wire course, trampolines, mini golf, and much much more. Children of all ages will have plenty of fun swinging around in the trees.
- Puy du Fou – Puy du Fou is one of the best theme parks in the whole of France. This fantastic, historical based theme park that is one of the best in the world. Although quite costly, the plethora of stunning shows and reenactments make this attraction well worth visiting.
- Guerande – A lovely medieval village where salt is found and farmed in square marshland. Guided tours are available at the salt marshes where you can find out more about the regions important product.
Book Camping Tropicana
Use our handy Route Planner to plan your route – find out the distance, travel time and helpful directions to your campsite before you book. When you’re ready, booking Camping Tropicana is quick and easy with Go Camp France!
Click the button below to book your camping holiday in France with our travel partner, Brittany Ferries.Book your holiday